• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glenn Beck explains how the airline lost his gun

Reptile

NES Member
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/34769/

January 7, 2010 - 14:02 ET

Arguing with Idiots: How to Stop Small Minds and Big Government
by Glenn Beck
GLENN: So I'm in the airport and, you know, I carry a gun from time to time and I go to whenever you go to the airport in New York, you know it's going to be a nightmare because they immediately, if you have a gun, you are immediately a killer. There's no reason. Most New Yorkers, especially those that work at the airport, most New Yorkers will think, you've got a gun? Why have a gun! Because, A, it's my right to carry one. And have you noticed all the dangerous freaks around? So I went to the airport and, well, the lady immediately when I put my gun box up on the counter, I said it's a gun, she was totally fine with it because she for some reason or another thought I was a cop and she said, okay, just fill this out. And she gave me a piece of paper I had never seen before. I didn't even know what it was. And I'm looking at it and I realize it was for law enforcement. And I said, oh, I'm sorry, I'm not a police officer. I mean, I swear to you she almost reached down below the counter to push the button, "Bzzzz, there's a killer, there's killer at my desk, killer here." They made me take the gun out, apart. I mean, it already didn't have the clip in it, it already had the bullets in a separate box, blah, blah blah, it was already locked, everything. Everything that you're supposed to do. It had to be in three separate boxes. The bullets, the clip and the gun. Three separate pieces of luggage. I said, no, it doesn't. Oh, don't make that mistake. The airline just lost the gun part. It was no big deal. When I got to the other side of, you know, my destination and I said all the way there, my gun's gone, my gun's gone, it's gone. It would have been safer for me to give it to a 4 year old child than to pass it over to the people at the airport. Lo and behold, I'm out West. My gun is in Canada. And I walked up to the counter and I said, "Hey, guess what's missing?" Now unfortunately for the people out West who had nothing to do with the people back east, they kind of got the wrath. They said, "Your luggage?" I said, no, no, my gun! You know, the thing that the people on the other end were so concerned about? You people lost my gun. Of course, then somebody on the, you know, behind the counter heard the word "Gun." "Bzzzz, there's a dangerous killer here, bzzzz." They finally tracked it and I swear to you he looked up and he said, "It's currently in Montreal." Canada? Canada! First of all, we don't necessarily have the most competent people working at the airport. They've kind of lost their vigilance. When George Bush changed their uniforms from white to blue shirts because people weren't respecting the TSA, and do you remember this? And so they change their uniforms and they changed them from white to blue, I thought to myself, that's not the reason we don't listen to them. That's not the reason why we don't respect them.

Now, as you have heard earlier, I do listen to them. I don't usually listen to me or anybody else, but I do usually listen to them because I know the power that they wield and I understand how miserable they can make my life. That's not all TSA agents by any stretch of the imagination and it's not all airports by any stretch of the imagination. But you don't need to change the uniforms. Let's use human intelligence, hmmm? And hire some humans from time to time that have some intelligence. Or use their eyes. And if you want to fix it, there's no more technology that we need. It is a right to fly on a private carrier I'm sorry, it's not a right to fly on a private carrier. It's a privilege. Let's have the private industry screen their own people like El Al does and you know what? Nobody's going to get on a plane with the underwear and a bomb in it. Call me crazy.

An airline 'lost' my friends new, expensive, custom pistol. Well, they actually said it wasn't lost, but they couldn't tell him exactly where it was, and couldn't tell him exactly when they would return it to him. After a couple of days of calls and airline double talk, my friend made a call -to the FBI. Guess who got his gun back the next day.

Ugh. I'm used to to the media in general getting it wrong all the time but you'd figure a gun carrying member of the media would get it right: it's a MAGAZINE, Glenn, not a clip.

This wouldn't be a TSA problem, this is a airline customer service issue. TSA never saw the gun other than if they scanned it going into checked luggage with the appropriate claim form INSIDE the bag, I'd guess NY airports scan checked luggage.

I love Glenn, but sometimes, he does get it wrong.

An airline 'lost' my friends new, expensive, custom pistol. Well, they actually said it wasn't lost, but they couldn't tell him exactly where it was, and couldn't tell him exactly when they would return it to him. After a couple of days of calls and airline double talk, my friend made a call -to the FBI. Guess who got his gun back the next day.

Glad he got his gun back, but he really called the wrong agency. That would be a BATFE issue.

Quick question on this subject for you guys Glenn said he had bullets with the gun i'm assuming not just bullets but the whole cartridge how come the airlines allow ammo to be shipped but not fireworks or certain types of lighters. I deal with hazmat all the time and its all classed 1.1D
thanks
jbs

An interesting thing that comes with a C&R license is the fact that a lost or stolen gun must be reported to the BATF.

When a piece of our luggage was 'missing', I made a note to the manager that he didn't have a lot of time because by law I was required to call in the feds to investigate and showed him the entry in my cell phone for the BATF. He asked me to wait a moment and in about 5 minutes he was taking my name, local address etc. About 4 hours after, the bell desk of the hotel called me to tell me that my luggage had been just dropped off.

Opps, silly me, the pistols weren't in that one. (^_^)

An interesting thing that comes with a C&R license is the fact that a lost or stolen gun must be reported to the BATF.

When a piece of our luggage was 'missing', I made a note to the manager that he didn't have a lot of time because by law I was required to call in the feds to investigate and showed him the entry in my cell phone for the BATF. He asked me to wait a moment and in about 5 minutes he was taking my name, local address etc. About 4 hours after, the bell desk of the hotel called me to tell me that my luggage had been just dropped off.

Opps, silly me, the pistols weren't in that one. (^_^)

Another good reason why everyone should get a C&R FFL! [devil2]

Now there is an eloquent, persuasive argument. I've liked Beck for years but you have turned me against him in three words. You are such a great leader, you should run for office.

Your liking him, and the necessity to construct a longer sentence to say so doesn't make him any less an idiot. We have our own opinions.

I wonder how difficult it will be (or was) to get Glenn's gun back from Canda.

Hopefully the airline makes it painless and doesn't lose it again.

Of course the antis will have great fun with all this because they'll use it as one more 'proof' of why guns should never be transported on a plane.

As for clips versus magazines...

I think the whole argument is much ado about absolutely nothing.

Only gun afficianados care about the distinction and for all practical purposes, it's a distinction without a difference.

You know what, lots of people call 'tissues' as 'Kleenex'. ex. Pass me a Kleenex please.

Sure it's wrong and not technically correct but do you EVER correct anybody for saying it?

Common usage is common usage. This issue just isn't worth the argument. (Rant off).

As for clips versus magazines...

I think the whole argument is much ado about absolutely nothing.

Only gun afficianados care about the distinction and for all practical purposes, it's a distinction without a difference.

You know what, lots of people call 'tissues' as 'Kleenex'. ex. Pass me a Kleenex please.

Sure it's wrong and not technically correct but do you EVER correct anybody for saying it?

Common usage is common usage. This issue just isn't worth the argument. (Rant off).

But, if someone is making a public stand in favor of firearms, own firearms and has as much clout have as Glenn Beck you'd hope they'd use correct terminology.

That's an invalid analogy. Kleenex is a brand name of tissue. Clip is not a brand name of magazine.

Common usage be damned, catering to the lowest common denominator is never a good thing.

That's an invalid analogy. Kleenex is a brand name of tissue. Clip is not a brand name of magazine.

Common usage be damned, catering to the lowest common denominator is never a good thing.

Sure it would be great if Glenn used the correct term.

Believe me. Improper language is a big pet peeve of mine (less vs fewer, their/there/they're, etc.

I simply think too much is made of this, and the person correcting the person saying 'clip' always sounds at least a bit anal-retentive.

Back
Top Bottom