Give special priority to clergy for gun permits?

Maxrobot

NES Member
"The Brooklyn minister who was robbed mid-sermon in his own church by gun-toting thieves who stole $1 million in jewelry from him and his wife urged elected officials to pass a law allowing clergy to carry guns to protect themselves and their congregations. They need to pass a law expeditiously that pastors of houses of worship — anyone on the ecclesiastical staff — need to be able to have permits for firearms,” said Bishop Lamor Whitehead, who was robbed in his Canarsie storefront church on Sunday. “If the teachers can have it, we should be able to have it.”
Such a law should even overlook the sins of his own past, said Whitehead, who served time in prison on an identity theft charge.
“No matter if we have a record, it should be exempt,” Whitehead said. “So we should be able to bear arms as the Constitution says.”
What was that expression - "A conservative is a Liberal who's been mugged."? Bishop Lamor Whitehead says after $1M Brooklyn church robbery that clergy should be allowed to carry guns

I'm going to get one of those mail order Minister things for myself if NYC says Ministers have to be allowed CCW

Group buy?

I'm going to get one of those mail order Minister things for myself if NYC says Ministers have to be allowed CCW

Group buy?

I'm IN, I just want it to become a Millionaire :D

The GOD business is going very well, apparently.

just what everyone needs.. a new protected class. Maybe we can also institute “hate crimes” for any infractions against this new class of important protected class?

With a million dollars worth of jewelry.. f*** him. Let him hire security

They have no business having a million in jewelry and being a servant of god and the community. Got what they deserve as long as no one was hurt.
let them be humbled. This happens everyday to ordinary non-millionares!

Such a law should even overlook the sins of his own past, said Whitehead, who served time in prison on an identity theft charge.
No matter if we have a record, it should be exempt,” Whitehead said. “So we should be able to bear arms as the Constitution says.”
Best part of the above, Bishop Whitehead is apparently a prohibited person, wants to be exempt from that federal law too!

S51001 said:
...any place of worship or religious observation...
New York State's new concealed carry law (S51001) bans carry in sensitive places, including all churches, so the bishop is SOL.

Funny.

Why doesn't the minister just support the 2a in it's true form? Then he'd be able to carry for protection.......but no.....he's gotta say "I'm more important than the average rabble so I deserve a license but of course......not everyone does".

f***ing toolbag!

Group buy?

My daughter's wedding had a Dudist as an officiant. It's a recognized church in New Hampshire.

The "church" is located in a storeFRONT!
A lot of churches rent storefronts. Buildings are expensive.

The fact that he and his wife had a million dollars in jewelry caught my eye too. That's a lot of jewelry for anyone, much less a pastor of a small church, unless the storefront they rent is an old big box store?

So, this Shepard would be willing to shoot and kill a member of his flock over some shiny metal and rocks?
I am not sure that Jesus would approve.

And he and his wife wear a million dollars worth of jewelry to church? In Brooklyn? Something tells me that he didn't mention what the money that was thrown into the collection plates was used for.
The Lord giveth....

My daughter's wedding had a Dudist as an officiant. It's a recognized church in New Hampshire.

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

fxtG.gif

1 - no one should need a permit to have a gun
2 - no one should have "special permission" vs any other person
3 - WTF?! $1M in jewelry from him and his wife AT CHURCH EVEN!

Back
Top Bottom