Girsan 1911 thoughts

mcshooter

NES Life Member
NES Member
So, in reading from other areas, I came across an interesting 1911, the Girsan.

It is made in Turkey, though I've been unable to find additional details.

Thoughts on it, anyone heard of it, and one own it?

Edit to correct spelling

Supposed to be pretty good, and the prices have climbed recently.

Not seen the girsan 1911 but their other pistols including their 92 clone (the regard, dumb name) all have very nice machining. I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase their 1911 assuming price is good.

oh and very soon we’ll get lectured for purchasing a Turkish pistol

Sounds like a good once-every-6-months-range-gun or a novelty item at best. Something you'd buy just to say you have one.

Website looks like they center production around knockoffs. Looks like they made a copy of a Beretta and either an M&P or Sig knockoff.

The verdict is in-

1610635918645.png

Sounds like a good once-every-6-months-range-gun or a novelty item at best. Something you'd buy just to say you have one.

Website looks like they center production around knockoffs. Looks like they made a copy of a Beretta and either an M&P or Sig knockoff.

The verdict is in-

View attachment 435743
Actually their 92 knock off looks like a brigadier to me...the mp knockoff can go tho

They look good but thankfully the 92 bug hasn't hit me in a little while
I do like the 92, had one years ago, sold it, would like it again.... about this time last year I almost bought one for a song but I held off and it was gone when I went back to pull the trigger. Doubt I’ll ever find a deal like that one again ☹️

I don't have any experience with Girsan specifically but I wouldn't hesitate to buy their 1911 or Beretta 92 clone (Regard) if I found either at a really good price. My experience with Turkish guns has been positive and I think they are or at least were the best value out there. Canik makes nice Walther and CZ clones.

Back
Top Bottom