Gimmicky product of the day: Chiappa Triple Threat Shotgun

I saw it at the NRA show this year. A bunch of people showed real interest in it. I just kind of chuckled to myself and passed by.

Why would anyone need 3 barrels? [rolleyes]
Maybe in the UK. All semi-auto and pump shotguns have to have long barrels and the magazines modified to hold no more than two rounds. So, basically, all you can have is three rounds in a shotgun there. If that is the law, maybe a 3-barrel shotgun might make some sense. Wonder if they are targeting the UK, European and Aussie markets with this? In Australia, all pump and semi-auto shotguns are banned. Lever actions are OK, but rare, so basically people can only have a single-shot or double-barrel.

Crap. This gun is either 50% more effective than a double barrel or the double barrel is 33% less effective that the Chiappa.

The math is for greater minds than mine.

This may be a way around the NY and Colorado capacity bans: instead of a "clip" holding lots of rounds, we'll just make a gun with lots of barrels holding one shot each. Then a "clip" of maximum capacity for each barrel, the whole assembly rotates to fire sequentially. Kind of like a Gatling gun (ok, maybe exactly like a Gatling gun except for the extra "clips").

This may be a way around the NY and Colorado capacity bans: instead of a "clip" holding lots of rounds, we'll just make a gun with lots of barrels holding one shot each. Then a "clip" of maximum capacity for each barrel, the whole assembly rotates to fire sequentially. Kind of like a Gatling gun (ok, maybe exactly like a Gatling gun except for the extra "clips").

If the barrels stay put like an over and under it allows you fire very rapidly. Imagine a gun with 10 barrels and 10 triggers one behind the next. With a little practice you could fire 10 shots in 1.5 seconds.

Already covered in another thread 6 months ago:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/firearms/180099-chiappa-triple-barreled-shotgun.html

Almost as gay as a 3 dollar bill

obama_bill_flat.jpg

If the barrels stay put like an over and under it allows you fire very rapidly. Imagine a gun with 10 barrels and 10 triggers one behind the next. With a little practice you could fire 10 shots in 1.5 seconds.

10 shots in 1.5 seconds. Isn't that still slower than Jerry M?

;)

Been around for ever . Its called a drilling and some drilling had 3 shotgun barrels of different gauge. But think of the possibilites , 3 bad guys break into you house you shoot two with what the #3 bad guy thinks is a double barrel but haha surprise bad guy i got you .

Back
Top Bottom