Gillibrand Open to Prosecution of ‘Assault Weapon’ Owners Who Don’t Hand Them Over

mikeyp

NES Member
"Nobody's coming for your guns"

Gillibrand Open to Prosecution of 'Assault Weapon' Owners Who Don't Hand Them Over

David Rutz - AUGUST 14, 2019 3:40 PM

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) expressed openness Wednesday to prosecuting gun-owners who don't participate in a hypothetical mandatory buyback program for "assault weapons."

Gillibrand, a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate, told CNN she supported a buyback program as part of an overall ban on "assault weapons" and "large magazines." The term "assault weapon" is vague and can vary from state to state. It likely refers to some semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15 and AK-47, but it can also include some handguns and shotguns as well.

"On the assault weapons issue, you have talked openly about being in favor of an assault weapons ban," CNN anchor Poppy Harlow said. "I’m interested if you are supportive of a mandatory buyback program for assault weapons … Some have gone as far as to say not only should it be a mandatory buyback of assault rifles, but there should be criminal prosecution for those who don’t sell them back. Is that something you support?"

"So I think we should ban assault weapons as well as large magazines, and as part of passing that ban, do a buyback program across the country so that those who own them can be re-compensated for their money that they spent," Gillibrand replied. "But I think both of those ideas are strong."

"But mandatory," Harlow interjected.

"You don’t want people to retain them because if you make them illegal, you don’t want to grandfather in all the assault weapons that are all across America," Gillibrand said. "You would like people to sell them back to the government, so that you can make sure that people who shouldn’t have access to these weapons couldn’t have them."

Harlow repeated that if she supported a mandatory buyback program, Gillibrand would have to be for prosecutions resulting in "jail time" for individuals who didn't want to sell back their guns.

"Are you supportive of that?" Harlow asked.

"The point is, you don’t want people using assault weapons, and so the point is if you are arrested for using an assault weapon, you’re going to have an aggravated felony," she said. "The whole point is when you make it a crime to own an assault weapon, then if you are found using it, that would be the issue. It would just be part of your law enforcement in terms of what you have access to."

Gun control supporter Rep. Eric Swalwell (D., Calif.) made a mandatory buyback program the centerpiece of his short-lived presidential campaign, which he suspended in July.

Harlow framed Gillibrand as having the most "unique" stance on guns, due to her shift from a gun-rights supporter with an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association in the House to an "F"-rated U.S. Senator. Gillibrand has said she is "embarrassed" by her former stances on guns and immigration.

Gillibrand's campaign didn't return a request for comment.

Heh go Poppy

"You had a A rating from the NRA, you filed an amicus brief with the Supreme Court to overturn the Wash DC handgun ban, now an F rating from the NRA do you think that is why you aren't higher in the polls?"

Word that comes to mind is flip-flopper

Sell them "back to the government"? They didn't sell them to me in the first place. And giving a $100 (or whatever) gift card isn't being "re-compensated for their money that they spent". They can f*** off and die. They aren't getting a damn thing.

One of my major pet-peeves. You can’t buy back what you never owned in the first place, but “buy back” sounds the VW diesel recall. “Oh, nothing unusual. It’s like cash for clunkers.”

We need to always refer to this as what it is. Confiscation, plain and simple. They don’t want to use that word, but we need to use it every time.

"You don’t want people to retain them because if you make them illegal, you don’t want to grandfather in all the assault weapons that are all across America," Gillibrand said. "You would like people to sell them back to the government, so that you can make sure that people who shouldn’t have access to these weapons couldn’t have them."

Who the fck is "YOU"? All of my friends want to keep their firearms. Furthermore, as has been previously mentioned, the "government" didn't own my guns, they can't "buy them back".

And furthermore - Buy back programs are bullshit. My tax dollars go to the government so that they can take my property and give me back my money? Wait, what? Furthermore, why should someone else's tax dollars go into that sort of program? The "government" doesn't have any money. Every cent that they spend comes from tax payers.

But going back to her original crap - who the hell is Gillibrand to decide who should have access to "weapons". Just kiss my ass.

Heh go Poppy

"You had a A rating from the NRA, you filed an amicus brief with the Supreme Court to overturn the Wash DC handgun ban, now an F rating from the NRA do you think that is why you aren't higher in the polls?"

Word that comes to mind is flip-flopper

Eh, when you think about it, the whole thing makes perfect sense. She had to pander to her district as a representative. Upstate has a lot of blue collar gun owning types. As a senator, nothing outside of NYC and possibly Buffalo/Albany really matter. Consider the constituency and it adds up nicely.

She's still a giant piece of shit, though.

I’d settle for someone that doesn’t say ‘The point is...’ three times in the same sentence.

You mean to tell me that they can’t get anyone that is actually ‘no shit’ articulate on the left to run, regardless if they’re a complete waste of space otherwise?

I think The Honorable Mr. Trump could smash a litter of kittens with a hammer on national television and still win the election because of the level of ‘retard’ the left is reaching.

Last edited:
Ban dildos...

iu

Last edited:
They keep striking sparks trying to light that fuse. When the fecal matter does hit the rotary oscillator it is not going to be pretty.

Saw something on the TV this AM about a definition of "Assault Weapon" needed.

Easy. They only want the weapons of war.
You start here..
long rifle.jpg

move on to here....
trapdoor.jpg

and then all those pesky bolt actions have to go as well....
03.jpg

shotguns....sorry.. weapons of war. Out with them as well...
win 87.jpg

they do not want to leave you entirely defenseless though so SOME handguns will be ok going forward....

model-1911-rubber-band-gun-24991.jpg

Let's wait to hear the details of the plan. Will she, personally, be collecting guns from people, or is that up to the paid thugs? If her, it wont happen. If thugs, how many mothers, fathers, daughters, etc will need to die, on both sides, before public sentiment turns. Too many people will simply not comply and fight to the end. Sounds like this plan hasn't been thought through. Perhaps the details are still being worked out?

How cute, her handlers must have told her we need to sell some Gunzzz say anything....Give it up Libtards the cry wolf tactic has runs its course just like your race crap..

Go away, ya bother me.

Back
Top Bottom