• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gillibrand flips on guns

Newly appointed New York Senator has flipped on so many issues since her annointment that the New York Post ran an editorial about it.

Among her flip-flops:

"Meanwhile, though she continues to insist she supports 'hunters rights,' Gillibrand - formerly an aggressive Second Amendment supporter - apologized yesterday for not being 'a leader' in fighting gun violence."

" . . . Gillibrand's metamorphosis has been so swift, and so effortless, that it's necessary to wonder whether she holds any convictions at all."

Wish I could say I was suprised.

Regards
John

Yeah, unfortunately you had to know that was coming. Liberals have no real conviction or principle. They blow in whatever wind brings them power
Sadly, this seems to be the primary characteristic of all government critters these days...

We need a wholesale re-eval of the election process to understand how we keep sifting down to the lowest forms of life in town as our choices at the ballot box...

Just out of curiosity, do you have a link to the quote?

"Against gun violence" may well be just a sop to the left of the party rather than any realignment. It would be worth knowing what specifically she said.

She has said all along that she supports hunters' and sportsman's rights. When you hear someone mention "hunters" or "sportsman" that should throw up a red flag, and signal to you, that this person does not support the 2A.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a link to the quote?

"Against gun violence" may well be just a sop to the left of the party rather than any realignment. It would be worth knowing what specifically she said.
What are you trying to say Bill? Aren't we all in favor of gun violence here?[wink]

Stop trying to be reasonable and make excuses for weak willed politicos... [laugh]

[/sarcasm]

She has said all along that she supports hunters' and sportsman's rights. When you hear someone mention "hunters" or "sportsman" that should throw up a red flag, and signal to you, that this person does not support the 2A.
+1 The only "game" mentioned in the constitution are Tyrants...

She's flipping so she won't have to fight off that nut job Carolyn McCarthy in 2010 for the senate seat. I wonder if she'll retain her A rating from the NRA now that this Dem puke has shown her true colors. [puke]

I'm sure the NRA will still try to prop up Gillibrand yet belittle Ron Paul.

Gillibrand is spineless fool. Typical moonbat variety. Sell your soul to retain power.

The old "smoke in mirrors" trick. Good point.

What are you trying to say Bill? Aren't we all in favor of gun violence here?[wink]

Stop trying to be reasonable and make excuses for weak willed politicos... [laugh]

[/sarcasm]

Not trying to make excuses for her, but I AM saying that she may have to at least publicly kowtow to the grabbers on the left of the Dem. Party.

I have no idea who she is or what she's been like in congress other than what I've read in the press recently. If she's a grabber, hang her high. If she's giving lip service but not a vote, that's another matter.

But I agree in general with Bobkatt:

My red flag just went up.

I live in her old congressional district. People here are PO'd and feel very betrayed. She will get very few votes from her old district in her 2010 Senate campaign. Unfortunately, the downstaters far outnumber us and will vote l'ill miss traitor in.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that politicians would actually modify their positions on the issues solely to improve their chances of re-election.

Gillibrand - formerly an aggressive Second Amendment supporter - apologized yesterday for not being 'a leader' in fighting gun violence."

Scumbag! Does she think I give my $35 to the NRA every year so we can all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya?! How can she be for fighting gun violence? That's sick.

From Politico:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0209/Doublebarrelled_Gillibrand.html

February 16, 2009
Categories: New York
Is Gillibrand a hunter?

Here's a revelation that's not likely to improve rookie New York Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's relationship with her state's gun-control advocates (or potential play-date parents, for that matter):

She sleeps with two rifles under the bed in her Albany-area house.

Newsday's Tom Brune reports Gillibrand "and her husband, Jonathan, keep two rifles under their bed to protect their upstate home. Gillibrand said neither she nor her husband is a hunter, and in a general discussion of gun control said, 'If I want to protect my family, if I want to have a weapon in the home, that should be my right.'

Gillibrand's claim that no one in her house is a hunter here raises a question: Why then did she secure a Montana hunting license a few years back?

From KG's "self-oppo" report, which we obtained last month:

Montana Hunting License: [no date listed]
Registered to Kirsten E. Gillibrand
XXX E. 39th Street, Apartment XXX, New York, NY

By Glenn Thrush 07:14 AM

Back
Top Bottom