• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gifting a firearm

imgone

NES Member
I want to give my brother an AR15, I live in Ma and he lives in NH. Is there any paper work I need to fill out ? He is not a gun owner currently, but wants to get into shooting and I have an AR that just collects dust. I tried searching but found nothing.

I want to give my brother an AR15, I live in Ma and he lives in NH. Is there any paper work I need to fill out ? He is not a gun owner currently, but wants to get into shooting and I have an AR that just collects dust. I tried searching but found nothing.

ATF regulations......it's more than just paperwork.......
You need an ffl to legally give or sell it to anyone that resides in a different state than you do.

Just drive up to NH with it and have your brother meet you at a gun shop/ffl and do the transfer there.

No FA10. Bring to NF FFL dealer and transfer to him. You cannot FTF it because federal law....

-Mike

No FA10. Bring to NF FFL dealer and transfer to him. You cannot FTF it because federal law....

-Mike
It absolutely f***ing amazes me that gun owners......especially mass gun owners with the class that is required to get a license......don't know you can't sell a damn gun to anyone private sale to a resident of another state without an ffl. Staggers my imagination that there are so many people that just dont know this

Just hide it behind the sign at 3am, and let him know which one.
Have him leave booze, fireworks and Freedom for you...
They're addictive...

leaving%2BMassachusetts%2B-%2Bimage%2Bcapadiadesign.com

Thanks, Mike. You just saved us from 500 posts and 50 pounds of popcorn. Jack.
What?!? You think this thread is over?

Hahaha!

Que the questions about is it legal to drive it up to NH........the questions about handgun sales and if that's different......question if the brother could meet him in mass......yadayada

This thread ain't over.......not even close.

sell it here for $1500 then go up to the free state of NH and give him cash (in private) to buy a similar gun for $800...

Balance goes towards ammo and beef jerky...

Please don't bring your dirty MA firearms here to Free NH. Give him $500 and he can get a Ruger or S&W entry level AR.

Better yet sell your MA AR and give him the $500 for his new AR and he can use the rest for ammo. Cause he's gonna have to feed it.

sell it here for $1500 then go up to the free state of NH and give him cash (in private) to buy a similar gun for $800...

This does double duty of profit and keeping an AR in Healey’s AO. We should be keeping as many in state as possible.

Thank you gentlemen.

Sell it in MA, then give him some of the money and bring him to a NH shop to help him pick out his own, new free-state configuration AR.

It works out for you (potentially profit)
It works out for him (gets a new AR with “evil” features)
It works for the rest of us (keep an AR in circulation within MA)

It absolutely f***ing amazes me that gun owners......especially mass gun owners with the class that is required to get a license......don't know you can't sell a damn gun to anyone private sale to a resident of another state without an ffl. Staggers my imagination that there are so many people that just dont know this
Most instructors do a piss-poor job of the Mass gun laws, since most don't understand them. Also, the Mass requirements on what to teach don't cover much of what one should know to keep out of trouble.

Yup!!!! I didn’t know what to do because he’s a green member, lol!!!usually I leave my ”hi Maura” comment...but this one baffles me,lol

Back
Top Bottom