• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gift ideas for two little girls 3+7 ( sad story ) to

1919FAN

NES Member
My buddy Dave got killed by a drunk driver a few weeks back , he left behind 2 beautiful little girls 3 and 7 . When he was going through his divorce he transferred a rifle and a shotgun in my name . So I've decided to sell them and buy toy's for the girls . I just don't have a clue what to get . Any help with Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Dude:( Without knowing anything about the girls and their likes, I have no suggestions. I strongly suggest that you keep the guns. He wanted you to have them. PM me your email address and I'll send you an Amazon gift card to buy them something with. My girls are 17 and 19,and the oldest just told me the other day "I don't really want anything, I have everything I need". I'll spend their money on your girls:)

Sorry for the loss. Will the $ from the sold firearms be enough to change anyones life? Unless it's enough money to send the kids to Disney ( lifelong memories) , id hold on to them.

If times are tough, I'm sure a few of us could chip in on a GC.

Sad, but good on OP.

A 3yo girl might be into Paw Patrol stuff. I can't help on the 7 year old - maybe a sparkly poop emoji character thing? I know one 7yo girl and she had an emoji themed birthday party. I have kids, but I don't get kids.

post up a paypal address and I would bet it will "fill up" fast. NES is the most generous bunch of folks I know. A few years back I raised about $7500? for families struggling to help out their kids have a good christmas. I think each person in each family ended up with about $500 a piece.

Just had a birthday party for a couple girls in the age range. They liked things called Playfoam as well as toys called Squishies. They were super excited about them. Guess it's a new thing.

Power wheels, something in Pink, they will love it. Craft sets from AC More or Michaels. American Girl dolls.

horrible about your friend dave, tragic.
a puppy would fill the void provided it's ok with their mom. but ms. pincher's idea of starting a xmas fund is perfect.

very sorry to hear about this tragic loss...I despise people who drive drunk...as others have stated keep his guns...its a memory of him. As Penny suggested post a PayPal. I will donate...I remember donating to what penny mentioned in her post for the struggling families as well.

Very sorry to hear. F'in horrible.
:(:(:(:(
I can attest squishies are big.
I will check my kids list when I'm home for lunch and report back.

Not sure about your relationship with them but you can buy them tickets for Polar Express up in North Conway, NH.

Buy Online!

Definitely, a must do if you have young children.

The firearms will be worth at least what they are now in 5 or 10 years or 20 years. The toys will have long been passed on to another or into a dump.

So I agree with everyone here suggesting to hold on to the guns and use cash for the presents.

My daughter (now 7) loves American Girl Doll anything.

At 3 it was all about Elsa and Anna from Disney.

I would like to thank everyone for the recommendations so far I picked up 2 American girl dolls and going out today to pick up some more things . I'm going to be listing Dave's American in the classified section today. Again Thank you for the leads it's deeply appreciated.

Well I have girls and I was just as lost as you. I basically got them the latest dolls and a big ass doll house. However I will say the 6 yr old at one time asked for a cleaning cart with a mop, I was like WTF? You can’t be related to your mother

I would like to thank everyone for the recommendations so far I picked up 2 American girl dolls and going out today to pick up some more things . I'm going to be listing Dave's American in the classified section today. Again Thank you for the leads it's deeply appreciated.
Call this post the first "In" on a group buy for an "American" whatever it is. We buy it, 1919fan keeps it in trust for the girls for when they are old enough to appreciate "Dad's gun".

Snap circuits. Probably the best alternative to those radio shack electronics kits.
Or. Like I got my nieces. A 1500x digital microscope and a few cases of prepped slides. They take extreme joy in mounting stuff on slides and grossing the hell out of my sister. Best. Payback. Ever.

Call this post the first "In" on a group buy for an "American" whatever it is. We buy it, 1919fan keeps it in trust for the girls for when they are old enough to appreciate "Dad's gun".
believe me, not trying to do the proverbial monkey wrench thing, but...i don't know why people assume a couple young girls turning into young women in a few years, would appreciate being gifted guns. even guns that belonged to their father.

my buddies wife suggested, just a thought on her part, sell the 2 firearms, bank the money, and when they each graduated from high school, get them something special "from dad." jewelry perhaps, something they'd keep forever and they would pass along some day. i dunno, i liked the thought.

believe me, not trying to do the proverbial monkey wrench thing, but...i don't know why people assume a couple young girls turning into young women in a few years, would appreciate being gifted guns. even guns that belonged to their father.

my buddies wife suggested, just a thought on her part, sell the 2 firearms, bank the money, and when they each graduated from high school, get them something special "from dad." jewelry perhaps, something they'd keep forever and they would pass along some day. i dunno, i liked the thought.

Why would you assume they won’t?

LOL stuff for the 7yo, stuffed animals for the 3yo. Or LEGO for both. Or playmobil.

Back
Top Bottom