• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gift from Brother

Jon_M

NES Member
Hello all,

I am newly licensed Class A LTC holder.

I was talking to my Brother last night who lives in Virginia and he wants to give me his AMT Backup .45 as a gift.

My question is being a gift from a relative what isthe law in regards to transferring it to me here in MA?

Thanks in advance

Jon

has to go FFL since it is a handgun across state lines to be legal, make sure it is legal on both massachusetts lists before he ships it to your friendly local FFL

has to go FFL since it is a handgun across state lines to be legal, make sure it is legal on both massachusetts lists before he ships it to your friendly local FFL

It's not, so if you are right, he is screwed and his brother gets to keep his .45.

Unfortunately correct. Per federal law, all interstate handgun transfers must go through an FFL in the recipients' state of residence. Interstate transfers of rifles or shotguns can go through an FFL in either the recipients' or providers' state of residence.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom