Giessele X95 Trigger Install

I did it, i don't recall it being particularly difficult.
Yes, the barrel must be removed to install the new trigger and you will need the barrel wrench to turn the lock on the receiver. Watch that video a few times and you should have no issues. the change out is very straight forward. The trigger is very nice, but the Geissle drop-in trigger block or sear makes a greater difference in the trigger pull weight and is super east to put in. Simply push out the two pins holding the factory sear, drop it out and slide in the Geissle. Push in the pins and done.

Yes, the barrel must be removed to install the new trigger and you will need the barrel wrench to turn the lock on the receiver. Watch that video a few times and you should have no issues. the change out is very straight forward. The trigger is very nice, but the Geissle drop-in trigger block or sear makes a greater difference in the trigger pull weight and is super east to put in. Simply push out the two pins holding the factory sear, drop it out and slide in the Geissle. Push in the pins and done.
this is what I see when I go to their website. Is this the drop in?
Super Sabra Trigger Pack (IWI Tavor & X95 Rifles)

I did it myself on my Tavor. Used a flat head screw driver with a monkey wrench clamped on for leverage instead of the barrel wrench. it worked fine. Great trigger. Just go step by step.

so what's the difference between the drop in and the trigger w/the lightning bow?

Drop in is an easy job and reduces the pull weight from like 10 pounds to 5 ish - no need to pull the barrel but you still have the long take up. Lightening Bow needs the barrel removed but gives you an AR style trigger - no take up and crisp break

Last edited:
I did it myself on my Tavor. Used a flat head screw driver with a monkey wrench clamped on for leverage instead of the barrel wrench. it worked fine. Great trigger. Just go step by step.

You worked on a $1500 gun and didn't buy a tool kit? Are you sure you aren't from Louisiana?

If you’ve invested in the X 95 it’s worth purchasing a barrel wrench. They’re annoying overpriced for a piece of steel but it allows future barrel swaps or just disassembly. Yes a certain size screwdriver can work but it’s likely to dick up the locking nut that needs to be rotated

Giving the popularity of the platform I anticipate in the future that will probably be aftermarket barrels

You worked on a $1500 gun and didn't buy a tool kit? Are you sure you aren't from Louisiana?
lol Nope not Louisiana. At the time I was anxious to get the mod done and the only tool I was missing was the barrel wrench. Which is just an allen with the tip ground down to a slot. If that's the kind of thing you're afraid of you shouldn't be modding your stuff. It was easy and worked great.

I did my SAR. I can't imagine the X95 wouldn't be much different. I forget if I bought the barrel wrench or if it came with it. It's definitely a worth while upgrade and not too hard to do on your own as long as you take your time. Like someone else mentioned just go step by step even if it takes you twice as long.

If you’ve invested in the X 95 it’s worth purchasing a barrel wrench. They’re annoying overpriced for a piece of steel but it allows future barrel swaps or just disassembly. Yes a certain size screwdriver can work but it’s likely to dick up the locking nut that needs to be rotated

Giving the popularity of the platform I anticipate in the future that will probably be aftermarket barrels
where did you purchase the barrel wrench?

Drop in is an easy job and reduces the pull weight from like 10 pounds to 5 ish - no need to pull the barrel but you still have the long take up. Lightening Bow needs the barrel removed but gives you an AR style trigger - no take up and crisp break
Thanks for the explanation.

Thanks, I'll have to remember to purchase the wrench when I order the trigger. What optics are you guys using? Sig Romeo 5 has been recommended as a cheap option.

I’ve got a Holosun on mine and am happy with it.

FYI I only did the drop in trigger on mine but not the bow as I like the long take-up. I plink with it and use it as home defense so I don’t need a super crisp break - I have an AR for that.

What optics are you guys using?

I went with the Vortex Razor AMG UH-1. Not cheap, but it's really nice and I can still see the reticle clearly after having eye surgery for glaucoma.

Yb9kCYx.jpg

Finally received my X95 from Great Road Firearms, UPS delivered the rifle to the wrong address. WTF? Went to the range at Harvard after pickup, raised the iron sights, loaded 3 rds into the provided 10rd PMAG, cocked the bolt and a double feed. Retracted the bolt, dropped the mag, shook out the round, ejected the 1st round, reloaded the mag w/1 rd, placed the barrel on the benchrest, squeezed the trigger and BOOM! Repeated this 5 more times and all rounds in the black on a pistol target at 25m. Not bad for the crappy sights, my SIG Romeo 5 optic should arrive tonight and I'll place an order for the Geissele trigger next month. I'll take the rifle to the 100 yd range next week. The Tavor is heavier than my M4 and unbalanced, lots of weight in the buttstock because of the bullpup design.

received the Geissele drop in trigger from Midway yesterday. Lubed and Installed it but haven't shot the rifle. Much better fee and break. I'll try to head to the range Monday, I shot it with the Sig red dot last week at the 100yd range at Harvard and no problems.

Sure, ask a gunsmith to do it if your concerned about skills. But then seek and learn how to do basic work on your Tavor. It’s not hard at all, but I was terrified of taking my upper and lower apart with my first AR15 a few decades ago. It gets easier over time, you develop some intuitions. Don’t go armorer level without training as you can make your weapon unsafe or unreliable.

Back
Top Bottom