• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gibbz Arms going after Magpul on Patent Infringement......

Reading it through, I don't think they(Gibbz) will ultimately have a case but will likely throw some cold water on the after market parts....

2 of my customers have already received cease and desist orders from Gibbz attorneys.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/03/0...achment-gama-goes-after-magpuls-m-lok-patent/

Body of letter

2016-03-13_10-35-13_zpszfdzleqm.jpg

Last edited:
What the ****? They filed their patent on 9/2015. My AR with its magpul handguard goes back to 4/15 and isn't even close to an early adoption.

What the ****? They filed their patent on 9/2015. My AR with its magpul handguard goes back to 4/15 and isn't even close to an early adoption.

Read the article.

The 9/15 date is a continuation of a patent application filed in January of 2013.

Read the article.

The 9/15 date is a continuation of a patent application filed in January of 2013.

Oh, please forgive me, I went to the manufacturers website, looked at their interpretation of their system, then looked at their licensing release which linked to the patent, then checked the date of said patent, judged against my own, checked out magpul's patent date, and then as an extra step google back to magpul MOE handguard reviews as early as March of 2012... You know, wanted to make sure the author was getting their story straight.

Oh, please forgive me, I went to the manufacturers website, looked at their interpretation of their system, then looked at their licensing release which linked to the patent, then checked the date of said patent, judged against my own, checked out magpul's patent date, and then as an extra step google back to magpul MOE handguard reviews as early as March of 2012... You know, wanted to make sure the author was getting their story straight.

MOE hand guards are similar, but not the same as the M-LOK versions of the newer models.

I don't think this is about the MOE handguards.

Gibbz is demonstrating they are a lightweight by having their founder, rather than their patent attorney, send the demand letter. This screams of "We cannot afford enough legal fees to bury you" and will likely get a "our legal staff is better funded than yours, go for it" sort of response.

Patent litigation is tremendously expensive, and not generally taken on a contingency fee basis.

I forget but I know you can use one on the other . Forget if they both will work on each other tho.

New MLOK trinkets are backwards compatible with the old MOE hand guards, and I think you may be able to use the old MOE mounting hardware on the new MLOK hand guards like the SL's.

"Actual notice pursuant"
"Be on notice"

Is this friggin legal beagle charging by the word?

Can we counter sue for torture of the English language beyond the norm practiced by lawyers?

Sheesh,

R

Patent trolling.

Since M lok is compatible with MOE, the claim is pretty much doomed to failure if it ever went to court due to MOE being older.

Shit like this is how government makes running a business expensive. "Patent pending" is the biggest legal albatross ever created and supported by gov't.

New MLOK trinkets are backwards compatible with the old MOE hand guards, and I think you may be able to use the old MOE mounting hardware on the new MLOK hand guards like the SL's.

it can be rigged, yeah. the sling attachment point on one of my SL sets was a little ghetto, but it worked.

unrelated but i'm surprised OP is still around after those group buy charlie foxtrots.

left hand thread T nut sorry but not new it is an adaption of an existing system from another industry , the patent office really needs to get their crap straight and get some people with knowledge.

* other industries , machine tooling , extruded aluminum fabrication just two of the big ones and none have a patent on a T nut , they have been using the system far longer then the Firearms market

left hand thread T nut sorry but not new it is an adaption of an existing system from another industry , the patent office really needs to get their crap straight and get some people with knowledge.

* other industries , machine tooling , extruded aluminum fabrication just two of the big ones and none have a patent on a T nut , they have been using the system far longer then the Firearms market

T nut tracks you have to slide on from the end .
The fact these drop in then you lock it, makes it different enough.

Back
Top Bottom