• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Giant Prehistoric Penguins

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Ancient 176lb 'monster penguin' the size of a human found – and only evolved thanks to dinosaur extinction
Looks like H.P. Lovecraft got it right, again. This time in, "At the Mountains of Madness."

Then came a flash of anticlimax as the white shape sidled into a lateral archway to our left to join two others of its kind which had summoned it in raucous tones. For it was only a penguin—albeit of a huge, unknown species larger than the greatest of the known king penguins, and monstrous in its combined albinism and virtual eyelessness.
When we had followed the thing into the archway and turned both our torches on the indifferent and unheeding group of three we saw that they were all eyeless albinos of the same unknown and gigantic species. Their size reminded us of some of the archaic penguins depicted in the Old Ones’ sculptures, and it did not take us long to conclude that they were descended from the same stock—undoubtedly surviving through a retreat to some warmer inner region whose perpetual blackness had destroyed their pigmentation and atrophied their eyes to mere useless slits. That their present habitat was the vast abyss we sought, was not for a moment to be doubted; and this evidence of the gulf’s continued warmth and habitability filled us with the most curious and subtly perturbing fancies.

76Too

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Did the first comparison 'photo' in the article make you think that as well? No idea why but I thought AOC as soon as I saw that photo...maybe I'm just obsessed with her?

Anyway...OP, I hope you realize this is Pikey Trash in the U.K. like the National Enquirer is here.

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the first comparison 'photo' in the article make you think that as well? No idea why but I thought AOC as soon as I saw that photo...maybe I'm just obsessed with her?

Anyway...OP, I hope you realize this is Pikey Trash in the U.K. like the National Enquirer is here.
Back then, when this giant called Crossvallia waiparensis was around, Antarctica, New Zealand and Australia were all one continent. AOC announced that we have 12 years to connect Americas with Europe. The immediate savings will allow us to offer free new global Obamascare and forgive school loans of everyone under 40. She is proposing to form a human chain which would pull Americas and Europe together.

pen.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom