• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ghost ring / peep sights for handguns?

Does anyone have any experience with a ghost ring or peep sight aiming system on a handgun? I ran across One Hole Sights by Warren Custom Outdoor and thought it might make an interesting addition to a Security Six. I've used Williams peep sights on rifles before, but never seen them on a handgun.

I think Enterprise Arms sells them.

...yup, theydo:

http://www.entreprise.com/ghost_ring.htm

The upside to trying it on my Security Six is that it simply replaces the rear blade, and so can easily be removed it I don't like it. I was hoping to find someone here who had tried one, before I waste my $25. Any chance you've tried the Enterprise Arms sights?

I have a set of Ameriglo ghost ring sights on my Glock 20. They're not very fast to acquire, but they let me hit what I aim at. I wouldn't put them on a handgun I carry for self defense.

I tried a peep sight on one of my 1911s and it didn't work very well. The overall arrangemet didn't lend itself to accurate shooting. I still have the peep sight which fits a stock 1911 dovetail; its yours for $15 plus shipping.

I have a set of Ameriglo ghost ring sights on my Glock 20. They're not very fast to acquire, but they let me hit what I aim at. I wouldn't put them on a handgun I carry for self defense.

What EddieCoyle said. I had, thats HAD them on one of my Glocks. Good for range use as it is easier for novice shooters, but slowed me down for speed shooting. I went back to my preferred front fiber optic sights.

With a little practice they are just as easy to use as open sights. The problem is that the rather large peep hole and short sight radius just don't lend themselves to accurate shooting. I had to install a tall front sight when I experimented with this sight.

Back
Top Bottom