• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ghost gunners again...

I did read the laws when I took my LTC class. The problem is there's so many of them and they are contradictory. Everyone in the class left feeling very uncertain about how to actually follow the laws. A lawyer couldn't even make sense of them.

I have gone to the state house and protested anti-gun laws... Granted it was probably 10 years ago or more. I have a full time job and hobbies. Keeping up with all these laws that these liberals pass could be a full time job in itself. I work for a living. I don't have my whole life to follow Maura Healey around and try to figure out what her hair-brain is going to do next. Not to rant, but this state is completely corrupt. Even Republicans in this state aren't Republicans. Look at Charlie Baker. He's not a Republican. He's a dem is sheeps clothing. Democrats have completely taken over the Republican party. Mitt Romney wasn't a Republican either. Dems infiltrate EVERYTHING in this state. Don't get me started on NPR. A public radio station, that is actually a left wing radical terrorist cell. How do they get away with this?

I was listening to NPR this morning and it just made me sick how anti trump that radio station is. I like news/talk radio but its gotten to a point where i cant listen to any radio or read any news

From your other posts, OP, you seem to have a great interest in a ghost gun. Why? Back in '16 you were concerned about ARs being banned. You didn't get one then. You didn't seem too interested in building one then when you could get a complete stripped 100% lower for $50.

So if you are legit here is your answer. Suck it up and buy a true preban or pre-healey, or create one and register it or not.

There is also no way that you are not playing dumb. You would only have to browse the thread titles to know the state of affairs here regarding guns.

Yep any day now, as I've been hearing here (in MA) literally since the early 1990s![rolleyes]
It hasnt come to pass in the traditional sense with SWAT teams checking names off as they go along, but red flag laws that have come into existence not too long ago are certainly concerning. They seem to be spreading from state to state and are already expanding to include ammo and who can petition for one.

There are two explanations for this OP.

He’s either the perfect example of a typical Ma**h*** with his head so far up his ass that he can’t be bothered with little things like keeping up with current events, voting, etc. and he’s the reason the country is going down the shitter.

Or

He works for Maura.

I’m going with the latter while admitting that I’d not be shocked if he’s the former.

He’s either the perfect example of a typical Ma**h*** with his head so far up his ass that he can’t be bothered with little things like keeping up with current events, voting, etc. and he’s the reason the country is going down the shitter.

Or

He works for Maura.

I’m going with the latter while admitting that I’d not be shocked if he’s the former.
Former, Id bet. Ive been surprised over the years by posters here, some with thousands of posts under their belts, who have been clueless about certain topics. Even more so with guys at the club. Plenty of people here who join for the Karmas and access to the classifieds and thats it until something pops up on their personal radar.

Just read what now?

What is a FA-10? Sorry. I don't know as much as I probably should about these things.

I'd like a gun without a SN because I'm sure someday in MA they're going to be knocking on doors collecting firearms. It's just a matter of time.
Oh boy..........

Hi guys, I'm looking for information that is common knowledge but I want it spelled out so that I can say that the "gun owners on the internet" are telling me how to do something really scary (we dont have to mention the fact that its legal)....

Having read this entire thread, About half through I got that instinctive feeling that the OP was trolling for a fish to bite and either advise or assist him violating the law. All the right come on's were there as he chummed the water.

Or

He works for Maura.

I'm going with he works for the media in some capacity. Reporter, researcher, something.

Having read this entire thread, About half through I got that instinctive feeling that the OP was trolling for a fish to bite and either advise or assist him violating the law. All the right come on's were there as he chummed the water.

Yea I got that feeling from the OP alone. To many scary buzzwords and just enough "knowledge" to know what to ask but not why not to ask it...

If OP is media and wants a scoop, he can put on a Forever Trump t-shirt and MAGA hat and go here 42.289851-71.087680

P.S. I am not responsible for anything stupid the OP may do, even if I suggested it.

And no I don't know the area, I picked it based on available statistics.

yes but u should start with yourself as well with engraving a complete 80 % ? where does it state that in the MGL

I was conflating MGL with BATFE engraving requirements which don't apply in a standard configuration not requiring federal paperwork & tax stamps.

Based on the OP's other threads he's either a bit dense and trying to avoid doing something illegal that he doesn't really understand or a staffer for Maura, Bloomberg, some other politician/political action group looking for information for their next big push to ban home manufacturing.

I was conflating MGL with BATFE engraving requirements which don't apply in a standard configuration not requiring federal paperwork & tax stamps.

Based on the OP's other threads he's either a bit dense and trying to avoid doing something illegal that he doesn't really understand or a staffer for Maura, Bloomberg, some other politician/political action group looking for information for their next big push to ban home manufacturing.

BATF only requirement for 80% is .003 inch depth when you're engraving which is also not necessary . you do not have to engrave a 80% that you completed yourself ever and I do not recommend selling one EVER.

This guy is just a complete idiot actively '' thinking out loud'' keeping a 80 % lower without registering in case of a door to door confiscation. He's most likely a leftist drone by the way he write's shit here and just want to screen shot some replies causing problems. Either legit or not i hope he doesn't give us a bad name

holy sh*t. I just read this entire thread. What is wrong with you people?! I was just asking a question.

Not to rant, but this state is completely corrupt. Even Republicans in this state aren't Republicans. Look at Charlie Baker. He's not a Republican. He's a dem is sheeps clothing. Democrats have completely taken over the Republican party. Mitt Romney wasn't a Republican either. Dems infiltrate EVERYTHING in this state. Don't get me started on NPR. A public radio station, that is actually a left wing radical terrorist cell. How do they get away with this?

Agreed.
NPR should be defunded. Rampant bias.

I'm not fanatical about knowing all the laws and the ins-and-outs of everything about guns. I like to exercise my right to keep and bear arms, but I'm not interested in keeping up with every little aspect of Mass gun laws. When I attended my LTC class there were so many freaking laws and they all contradict themselves, I gave up. I can't keep up with these liberals and their stupid laws. Our forefathers stated that we have the right to keep and bear arms. That's what is important to me. I keep them in a safe with locks on them. When I transport them I keep the in the locked compartment of my truck. That's all I can remember.

Anyway, it sounds like you have to file an FA-10 form, and you don't need to provide a serial number on the form. I'm surprised they don't require that the serial number is listed on the FA-10 form.

You really need to read the laws yourself and if you need it, have a lawyer explain the legalese to you. Asking on the internet can be hazardous to your freedom. There is plenty of bad/wrong information everywhere, including in this thread. If you want to stay out of jail, seeking opinions of other people isn’t the best way to do it.

Even NESR has plenty of good and bad information all over it. Read the laws and understand them, then you only have yourself to blame. If someone give you the wrong advice YOU are still the one going to jail, not the person who was wrong.

holy sh*t. I just read this entire thread. What is wrong with you people?! I was just asking a question.
tenor.gif

We're a little jaded. YOU might just be a slightly uninformed regular guy, but you follow in the footsteps of people that turn out to be staffers at Maura's office or at some newspaper or whatever.

Either way, nothing you asked couldn't have been answered by reading any of the countless threads / stickies on this topic.

Back
Top Bottom