Ghost Gunner has Jig and code for Polymer 80 "not-Glock"

Is the community conversation entirely on facebook? (You can DM me if you'd rather not post publicly about where an interested party can keep track of the goings on)

Substantially.
  • There's DEFCAD itself, which is mostly inactive: DEFCAD
  • There's a closed group for owners and potential owners Defense Distributed GhostGunner Milling Machine Open Group
  • There's a closed group for GG2 owners. Defense Distributed CNC Milling Machine Help
  • There's a closed group for developers. ??

I have been told that there are backups on MeWe in case FaceBook shuts these groups down.

Getting the 80% from DD, it's $20 less expensive than the one with jig from P80. That means you break-even at 10 completed frames (assuming zero loss).

If the argument is that the 2nd exists for us to protect ourselves from all threats, then the target market for this could include a person who likes to be prepared and wants to set aside a handful of untraceable firearms. A person in that position might think that the ability to leave the machine running while they do other things is worth the marginal cost. This is especially true if the same machine can finish other firearms as well.

Sure, you can buy P80's without the jig, but I assume that's because you bought your initial one as the set with the jig. The way I see this, you can buy a $20 hand jig or a $200 automated jig, provided you have the GG2.

Prep is fine, but how many does one really need, and wouldn't a hand jig actually be more useful for true SHTF situations? imagine power is not an option, but you happen to have a crank drill handy or appropriate sized awls (with applied heat and pressure). I'd go with the $20 jig all day long for survival packing.

Substantially.
  • There's DEFCAD itself, which is mostly inactive: DEFCAD
  • There's a closed group for owners and potential owners Defense Distributed GhostGunner Milling Machine Open Group
  • There's a closed group for GG2 owners. Defense Distributed CNC Milling Machine Help
  • There's a closed group for developers. ??

I have been told that there are backups on MeWe in case FaceBook shuts these groups down.
I guess this is what I get for leaving the facebook reservation.

Sure, you can buy P80's without the jig, but I assume that's because you bought your initial one as the set with the jig. The way I see this, you can buy a $20 hand jig or a $200 automated jig, provided you have the GG2.

Prep is fine, but how many does one really need, and wouldn't a hand jig actually be more useful for true SHTF situations? imagine power is not an option, but you happen to have a crank drill handy or appropriate sized awls (with applied heat and pressure). I'd go with the $20 jig all day long for survival packing.
Not pretending it's a good plan, but I imagine a person who's getting that many ducks in a row would endeavor to have them ready and tested long before they were needed.

Again, the benefit of CNC would be that you can hit "go" and walk away, with a completed part/setup waiting for your return. Obviously, it's a little more complicated than this, but someone who wants to put in the time to figure it out could get pretty close to that level of reliability.

Why would you use the GG for P80s? You can do one in half an hour with a dremel and some sandpaper....

Honestly, the jig isn't even necessary for the P80 glocks, even though every frame comes with a jig.

Why would you use the GG for P80s? You can do one in half an hour with a dremel and some sandpaper....

Honestly, the jig isn't even necessary for the P80 glocks, even though every frame comes with a jig.
So WIRED writers that are a danger to themselves and others can knock one out and pen fear-pieces about how awful it is that we can do this at home.

And because you can.

Anyone else find it super creepy that state govs are effectively blocking websites for their subjects? This aint china

Mike

We live in a state that mostly blocks people from lawfully buying a legal product from other states, so this type of communism shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Heh... I sent them an email using the "if you think there's an error" link and got this back:

That's funny and all, but without being able to even look at a picture, there's no way I'm buying anything from them.

And... "...if even one New Jersey resident is able to see our site.." sounds like bullshit.
If you have any tech savvy friends, I’m sure your friend could help you setup a vpn so that you can see pics.

Got you now. Didn’t notice that was just a deposit.

So, on a side note, if I owned one of these.....

Could I legally rent it out? Could I also legally sell the jig and 80%? Would I need an FFL and state refs if any? Or would I just be renting equipment like rental places do. And sell the parts like rental places sell the blades.

I know, bad place to ask legal advice. But do/did these guys have to get licenses?
I would rent it to you. I’m in Commiechusetts though. Not really sure if renting tooling is legal given how all of our 2A laws are vague at best. It certainly doesn’t help when they move the goalposts to suit their prosecution needs.

I would rent it to you. I’m in Commiechusetts though. Not really sure if renting tooling is legal given how all of our 2A laws are vague at best. It certainly doesn’t help when they move the goalposts to suit their prosecution needs.
Nothing to do with MA. Look into federal decisions related to build parties and renting machine access...

Back
Top Bottom