Getting weapons not on the roster back from bonded storage

You are correct. I sent you the citations as a response to your Email to me. Feel free to post it here.

If it's due to a domestic relations RO, that is actually the Lautenberg Act (Federal) and requires every US PD to confiscate no matter where the guns are located. In MA that is C. 209A S. 3B

Failure to turn over or tell them where the items are (if not at your home) is charged as a felony under C. 269 S. 10 (might be a sub-section, I don't have time to dig thru S. 10 right now).

Confiscation for any other reason would be up to the non-MA PD

Quote from LenS email by permission

I don't believe this is accurate. You must at confiscation declare all firearms even the out of state ones. I will search for the citation but LenS will likely jump in before I get it.

If I am not mistaken it is a felony to fail to declare out of state firearms.

It doesn't matter. Declare them. If they are out of state, you are in compliance with the law.

Re Lautenberg. If you look at my statement above, I said provided you weren't a PP. If you are a PP, then guns out of state are obviously a problem. But if your LTC is pulled because of a minor issue that does not make you a PP, then they don't have any authority to take guns out of state.

So AGAIN. My statement above was NOT meant to be an illegal way to hide guns if you are a PP.

It is a LEGAL way to avoid confiscation if your LTC is pulled for something that doesn't make you a PP. Which makes it illegal for you to possess firearms IN MASS.

But not illegal for you to possess the in other places.

So moving them out of state is a reasonable precaution.

The other thing is that when these things happen, the cops come in and take EVERYTHING. Mags, scopes, accessories.

With some forethought you could move all of those federally UNREGULATED items out of state. And you would be under no obligation to divulge where they are.
Shoot, you could even remove the slides from your handguns and uppers from your ARs.

Back
Top Bottom