Getting warranty work on a gun.... I got a question ?

From ATF (bold red font mine):

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?
A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Firearms - Frequently Asked Questions - Unlicensed Persons | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

I had one handgun shipped back to me from EGW....and was told I would have to pick it up at the UPS depot. I walked in off the street and there it was sitting right there out on the counter, all by itself. ... I had to go out back where the trucks were to get somebody who had to get somebody so I could sign for it.
Weak.
Shoulda just carried it out the door.

Another came back from Smith, and when the driver looked at her manifest it was identified as a handgun. She got totally flustered, asked me if I realized it was a handgun, and had to make a call to her supervisor before she would let me have it.
Ask her for her license.
When she says "I don't have a license",
then sorry, but you just have to confiscate it from her.

Now i know how to send my lc9s to ruger lol. Both of my lc9s have problems, one like to stovepipe and the other like to lock the slide back, they better fix it .
Couldn't you just keep swapping parts
until the malfunctions cancel each other out?
I mean, mathematically it makes perfect sense.

Back
Top Bottom