• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting upper receiver to line up with handrail

Stryker

NES Member
Have a quick question looking for help on - definitely a noob question though.

Picked up a complete upper this past week and just noticed that the handrail does not line up fully with the receiver:

IMG_3422_zpsedb85b05.jpg

Any quick fixes that I am able to do on my own.

Thanks in advance for any help you can send my way!

yuck. is that free floated? you can adjust the entire assembly if it is. if not you should be able to manipulate the handguards to fit better.

Hi Atilla - thanks - it is a MI free float rail. Can you point me in the right direction of what I need to do to adjust the assembly?
Thanks for the time on this - well appreciated.

there's a locking nut which you should be able to loosen, you can also unscrew the entire free float assembly... i'd never really had to line one up before i did my girlfriend's rifle and i guess it's an art or something because i swear it took me as long to do that as it took for me to build the upper while showing her exactly what i was doing.

peep this, yo: http://www.yhm.net/pdf/Install_Freefloat_Forearm.pdf

i use the detachable a2 carry handle ,half on the receiver and half on the upper when tightening,maybe a scope if ya don't have a carry handle?

i use the detachable a2 carry handle ,half on the receiver and half on the upper when tightening,maybe a scope if ya don't have a carry handle?

Red dot mount bridged between the two pieces to align them. The carry handle method mentioned above works really well.

Done all of the above, also used a one piece scope mount once, or you can buy the unnecessary, expensive alignment jiggy thingy.

Back
Top Bottom