Getting my Blue Card...couple questions

First off great forum!

This is my first post and I have searched but i couldn;t find what I was looking for.

So I am going to pick up the "book" for the blue card test in the next couple days. Is this something I can read through in the store and take the test or should I actually take it home with me and study? I am going to D&L friday night i think. Basically how easy is the test? How many questions? Are they just MC? Thanks guys.[grin]

What's a "blue card "?
I suspect he is talking about the Rhode Island "Blue Card" which is sort of like a LTC-A/Target only in MA - it allows the purchase and possession of handguns but not "carry" in the English (not MGL) sense of the word.

The real question is "why a blue card - why not just get a RI carry permit?"

Sorry guys. Yes in RI. I figured the blue card wasa good place to start. Anyone take the test?

The blue card test can be taken right at D&L he will give you a study booklet right there and you can study quickly and take the test. It is very simple and covers basic firearms safety questions along. It is nothing to stress over. Years ago they used to actually have you take a class to get the blue card. The blue card just shows you have read something or have seen some information related to firearms safety.

As far fetched as it seems to us in the PRM, Folks in RI can just take a safety test at their local gunshop, wait 7 days to receive their safety (blue) card, and buy any handgun they like... Carry permits are at the whim of the AG(may issue), or SHALL issue IF you can find a Police Chief WILLING to issue! Most could give a sh*t about the law and won't, or will make you take a psych exam to get it...(until the lawsuits are settled)

I am turning 21, first week in november. I am fairly new to firearms so I wanted to start with a 22 and get a lot of target practice in. Once I am more experienced I will deff. be getting LTC. I just don't see the need to get a LTC when i don't find myself experienced enough to actually carry. I think the blue card will fufull all i need to do for right now. Cool so I will be getting it friday night and hopefully be picking out a 22...any suggestions? i am looking for a semi auto pistol.

As far fetched as it seems to us in the PRM, Folks in RI can just take a safety test at their local gunshop, wait 7 days to receive their safety (blue) card, and buy any handgun they like... Carry permits are at the whim of the AG(may issue), or SHALL issue IF you can find a Police Chief WILLING to issue! Most could give a sh*t about the law and won't, or will make you take a psych exam to get it...(until the lawsuits are settled)

exactly...I am only looking a purchasing a pistol right now. Not looking to carry right away. Plus its all free with a blue card.

Taking the blue card test is easy, maybe a little too easy. I took the test without reading the booklet and scored a 100%. The thing to remember when taking the blue card test is to always think "SAFE". Granted, I have had 3 years law enforcement under my belt, but even so, the majority is common sense. I do recommend reading the book though, as it can't hurt. I got my card within 5 days of the test, plus it was free. You may want to laminate it.

I suspect he is talking about the Rhode Island "Blue Card" which is sort of like a LTC-A/Target only in MA - it allows the purchase and possession of handguns but not "carry" in the English (not MGL) sense of the word.

The real question is "why a blue card - why not just get a RI carry permit?"

if you have a permit from the AG, you still need a blue card to buy a pistol.

Back
Top Bottom