Getting Gunsmithing Done in MA

I live out of state, and am interested in getting some gunsmith work performed in MA. The gun is currently non-functional. I do not have an out-of-state LTC.

Is there a way to do this legally? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Shipping Your Gun

Under the Gun Control Act of 1968, it is legal to ship a firearm to a gunsmith to have work done as a private party. It is also legal for us to ship it directly back to you.

How to Ship your Long Gun for Gunsmithing:

FedEx is the preferred method. But if not available in your area, you can ship by post office or UPS.
Your long gun can be shipped in a hard case, a box (original – if possible), or a case inside a box. With the firearm, please include the following information:

• Name
  • Return Address
  • Daytime Phone Number
  • Instructions on what you would like done
  • Billing information (Visa or MasterCard number, card holder name, expiration date). If not included, you will be called for the information needed.

Interesting. Thanks for your help! Seems silly, seeing as I am shipping it about 20mins away from my residence... but then again, we ARE talking about MA Gun Laws [laugh][crying]

Shipping Your Gun

Under the Gun Control Act of 1968, it is legal to ship a firearm to a gunsmith to have work done as a private party. It is also legal for us to ship it directly back to you.

How to Ship your Long Gun for Gunsmithing:

FedEx is the preferred method. But if not available in your area, you can ship by post office or UPS.
Your long gun can be shipped in a hard case, a box (original – if possible), or a case inside a box. With the firearm, please include the following information:

• Name
  • Return Address
  • Daytime Phone Number
  • Instructions on what you would like done
  • Billing information (Visa or MasterCard number, card holder name, expiration date). If not included, you will be called for the information needed.

One correction is needed here. Non-Dealers/Gunsmiths/Mfrs can NOT legally ship a handgun via USPO. [NOTE: C&R FFLs can not use USPO for handguns either.]

Back
Top Bottom