• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting assaulted.

I was thinking the same thing 5 double taps, depending on what you carry you might have to reload to finish the deed.
You got to figure this guy was in the wrong place, first thing on my mind. Then when he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up a under the arm covered draw. Kept concealed. Then as Derek says you have to go all the way. Now, back to original decision to be in that place at that time. Why invite that kind of trouble. Probably gonna get flamed but avoidance is huge, right?

I suppose you "might" be able to avoid bad areas, but not always, nor should you HAVE to. Who says the kid doesn't live in that area? Visiting a friend? Out at a club (clubs aren't always in nice areas), just passing through (and the only other way is way out of the way). My point is, why should you HAVE to. I'm going to walk where I chose, thugs don't own the street.. Technically.. I do. Let's see here.. How about not trying to rough people up? If you do, you get your brains blown out.

You got to figure this guy was in the wrong place, first thing on my mind. Then when he felt the hair on the back of his neck stand up a under the arm covered draw. Kept concealed. Then as Derek says you have to go all the way. Now, back to original decision to be in that place at that time. Why invite that kind of trouble. Probably gonna get flamed but avoidance is huge, right?

Ok Grandman, I live in a small town out in Western Ma. way out here in the sticks. I call BS on your this wouldn't happen to anyone outside of a big town. However last summer the Blood's district manager for drug distribution got busted just down the street. Additionaly the apartment I moved into was next door to one of their transport hubs. After making a few gentle waves and brightening up the area they moved on. The traffic in and out of this area was rediculous. All hours of the day there would be groups of 3-5 guys passing through every 15 minutes. At one point I woke up to blue lights in my front yard and heard one of 4 police officers ask the junkie if he really wanted them to go arrest the "heavy blood" that ripped his drug money off. It is people like you that make fighting scum difficult in small towns! You think only big towns can have big problems. My workplace in another little town has had to take a serious look at security after a string of robberys which now has someone robbing places at gun point. Scum is scum and shows up everywhere. Yes we have a lower density of people but that doesn't mean that we don't have scum. Evil suceeds when good people do nothing!

P.S. All of the drugs that leave or go into your town come through my area.

Last edited:
Well, there you go! My only point is to stress that anything can, and does happen anywhere, and at any time. Part of a persons responsibility is self preservation. Not just selfish, stay unhurt and alive, but for the people that care and or love you. I get the part about "Nobody, is going to scare me off the streets. I own them!" That's cool. How are you going to explain your inability to take care of your family / self to the people that love you? If you don't practice situational awareness as a moment to moment practice, then you may stumble into something fast and beyond your ability to defend. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I fully understand there are people who care about me. I cannot use that as some reasoning not to go wherever I chose. "Nobody is going to scare me off the streets." That isn't meant to be cool. It is what it is, it's you basic rights to life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness. IE. being free. My inability to take care of myself only occurs if someone gets the drop on me or they can draw faster. This isn't "cool" shit, this isn't "tough guy" shit. This is a man being free to travel where he chooses. Period. I'm going to go where I chose, when I chose. If someone "chooses" to try something when I am going about my business he is going to end up in a bag.. Or.. If I allow the situation to be out of my control, I will be. But I absolutely will not give up my rights for any thug.

Well, there you go! My only point is to stress that anything can, and does happen anywhere, and at any time. Part of a persons responsibility is self preservation. Not just selfish, stay unhurt and alive, but for the people that care and or love you. I get the part about "Nobody, is going to scare me off the streets. I own them!" That's cool. How are you going to explain your inability to take care of your family / self to the people that love you? If you don't practice situational awareness as a moment to moment practice, then you may stumble into something fast and beyond your ability to defend. Just a thought.

Ok Grandman, I live in a small town out in Western Ma. way out here in the sticks. I call BS on your this wouldn't happen to anyone outside of a big town. However last summer the Blood's district manager for drug distribution got busted just down the street. Additionaly the apartment I moved into was next door to one of their transport hubs. After making a few gentle waves and brightening up the area they moved on. The traffic in and out of this area was rediculous. All hours of the day there would be groups of 3-5 guys passing through every 15 minutes. At one point I woke up to blue lights in my front yard and heard one of 4 police officers ask the junkie if he really wanted them to go arrest the "heavy blood" that ripped his drug money off. It is people like you that make fighting scum difficult in small towns! You think only big towns can have big problems. My workplace in another little town has had to take a serious look at security after a string of robberys which now has someone robbing places at gun point. Scum is scum and shows up everywhere. Yes we have a lower density of people but that doesn't mean that we don't have scum. Evil suceeds when good people do nothing!

P.S. All of the drugs that leave or go into your town come through my area.
OK, I went back and modified the post so that my point was made more clearly.

HUMOR WARNING: THE FOLLOWING POST IS JOCULAR.

I think it's amusing that half yall have moved to or are from rural or suburban areas but you're all planning on how to take on five attackers.

Sounds like some of you should move to Boston, where the scenario would not be as fantastic.

[laugh] I guess it's just the other guys who live in the exurbs who don't have any crime. [laugh]

Tell me the place where there is no crime: we'll all move there!

Last edited:
I like these videos. They make the case that a group of thugs, even if not armed, can present a deadly threat.

Hand goes to gun at about :25, draw is around :32 and the kid coming over the rail gets shot. Then you just hope you get the right jury.

+1 I had the exact same numbers.

When to draw? I would politely inform the thugs that my chief doesn't approve of my right to defend myself and has therefore restricted my license to carry. As a result, have fun kicking my ass, I hope I don't die.

Most likely, I would hopefully hear them coming once I left the building and just go back inside for a bit. Otherwise pepper spray on the person that jumped up behind me and see how fast I could run away. Not the most bad ass internet response, but hopefully I'd live without any reconstructive surgery.

Most likely, I would hopefully hear them coming once I left the building and just go back inside for a bit. Otherwise pepper spray on the person that jumped up behind me and see how fast I could run away. Not the most bad ass internet response, but hopefully I'd live without any reconstructive surgery.

Or becoming somebody's wife. [thinking][laugh][laugh][shocked]

Sorry, I couldn't resist

We need that video of the kid carrying dual glocks and half a dozen magazines as it may actually be useful in this case. The minute I jumped the fenced and one of them jumped the fence too I know it would be game on at that point. He's not just happening to be walking in the same direction as you at that point. Living in MA or not, I want to go home to my house, not home to my grave.

Anyone can file a lawsuit. But if police cannot be held liable if they are late (or never) respond to an emergency call, I see fat chance you can pin assault as a result of LTC denial.

"I would've been able to defend myself with a firearm had my COP issued me LTC..."

IANAL, but it didn't look the argument would fly in front of a judge.

Back
Top Bottom