• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting address on LTC updated

Not sure if this is the right subforum, but here goes.

I want to get a PA non-resident license. I was talking to a sheriff there who said that I need to have my current address on my LTC. Is there a way to get my LTC reprinted with my current address?

match the font, print on paper, submit shitty black and white scan of LTC. [laugh]

Lol. I emailed some more back and forth with him, he'll accept my vehicle registration with my new address, so it's all good. The other thing I was going to do was reprint my driver's license, but that would probably not be done in time for my trip down there, plus I hate giving MA money

MA isn't so easy with the LTC: You are supposed to tell your new COP and get the LTC re-issued in the new town... Unless of course you moved streets in the same town.

I'm sure Len will be along with a lecture of his own.

4 years ago I got my PA non-res with an old address on my LTC. No problems. Glad you worked it out with the Sheriff down there.

I'm pretty sure that when you move within MA I believe all you have to do is submit the form notifying the state that you moved. Your town's Chief doesn't get involved until it's renewal time.

Len2A?

4 years ago I got my PA non-res with an old address on my LTC. No problems. Glad you worked it out with the Sheriff down there.

I'm pretty sure that when you move within MA I believe all you have to do is submit the form notifying the state that you moved. Your town's Chief doesn't get involved until it's renewal time.

Len2A?

Yup, I got the change of address forms sent in and everything of that nature. I know that the forms went through because I was lucky enough to get the recent letter from the BPD about their buyback and storing my guns safely, even though I don't live in Boston anymore.

My problem was related to the fact that my LTC address (on the physical card) is out of date. They don't print you a new copy when you move. If I could get BPD to expire my LTC, it would solve a couple of my problems ;)

MA isn't so easy with the LTC: You are supposed to tell your new COP and get the LTC re-issued in the new town... Unless of course you moved streets in the same town.

I'm sure Len will be along with a lecture of his own.

Where did you get that mis-information???

MGL requires notification by Certified Mail to IA, new PD and FRB, that is all (NO special forms are required, no copies of LTC required either). It's still valid until expiration and they will not re-print with a new address (nor for a new name for those that marry or divorce).

Len2A?

Correct. I recommend putting a sticky label on the back with the new address, it seems to make most everyone happy. Until RMV cheaped out, they used to send you a label to fill out and stick on your DL when notified of a person having moved.

A picture is worth a thousand non-statutory PDFs

... MGL requires notification by Certified Mail to IA, new PD and FRB, that is all (NO special forms are required, no copies of LTC required either). ...

Here Len, this may help:

zNWCNFU.jpg

Correct. I recommend putting a sticky label on the back with the new address, it seems to make most everyone happy. Until RMV cheaped out, they used to send you a label to fill out and stick on your DL when notified of a person having moved.

The joke's on them when the RMV cheaped out on labels. A jellyfish with a pen has better writing than I do.

MA isn't so easy with the LTC: You are supposed to tell your new COP and get the LTC re-issued in the new town...

Yes, except there is no "re issued in the new town" part until your license actually expires and you go to renew it. The original issuing authority maintains control of it until it expires.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom