Get your PA Non-Resident license before the change!

I had a nice Pennsylvanian surprise in my PO Box Friday. The only question is, it says to mail back the top two copies of the permit with my John Hancock back to an address in PA, but it doesn’t list to whom. Just gives an address.

Anyone else notice this? If so, what did you put?

I had a nice Pennsylvanian surprise in my PO Box Friday. The only question is, it says to mail back the top two copies of the permit with my John Hancock back to an address in PA, but it doesn’t list to whom. Just gives an address.

Anyone else notice this? If so, what did you put?

It's the Sheriff's Office . . . same place you sent the app. That's what I put on the envelope.

IIRC, the address is the same one you send the application to. I think its the Centre County Sheriff's Office. I believe that's how I addressed it.

That’s what I thought but I wanted to be doubly sure. The last thing I need is a screw up and they don’t get it.

On a side note, I wonder if the Sheriff's office is wondering why there is a surge in MA applications. [laugh]

SWEET! Just got mine in the mail! Only thing is I also included hunting, sport / target, and collecting for reason to carry. On on the lic it just says self defense. Is this something I should be concerned about?

The Sheriff is normally quite punctual. My wife just got hers back in about 10 days.

There must be something wrong with me.

The first time out I received an "undetermined" on the PICS check so I challenged it and it went through. I re-sent my app and still haven't received my license.

My C&R took 110 days to receive.

My name isn't that common but for some reason all of my applications take forever. The only one that went through quickly was my NH resident pistol permit.

Everyone else seems to go through ASAP.

Hoping my MA license gets here ASAP

ACT 66 2005 THE STANDARDIZATION & MODERNIZATION OF PROCESS SYSTEM
UPDATED POST - 2/15/11
We have implemented the new statewide system. There have been some problems with the new system and times we were unable to issue a license through the new system. In those cases we still utilize the old system.
Until these issues are resolved we will continue utilizing both the old and new system.
Once the new system has all the glitches worked out we will no longer utilize the old system and all applicants and renewals will need apply in person.
When we make the full transition to the new system we will provide a one week window for processing via mail.

Hoping my MA license gets here ASAP

ACT 66 2005 THE STANDARDIZATION & MODERNIZATION OF PROCESS SYSTEM
UPDATED POST - 2/15/11
We have implemented the new statewide system. There have been some problems with the new system and times we were unable to issue a license through the new system. In those cases we still utilize the old system.
Until these issues are resolved we will continue utilizing both the old and new system.
Once the new system has all the glitches worked out we will no longer utilize the old system and all applicants and renewals will need apply in person.
When we make the full transition to the new system we will provide a one week window for processing via mail.

Looks like there is still time until they give a final notice.

I received mine the other day with several typos. I emailed the Sherrif, he apologized and is sending out a new corrected one. Now that is service!

I received mine the other day with several typos. I emailed the Sherrif, he apologized and is sending out a new corrected one. Now that is service!

I just got mine back yesterday, and also noticed a typo, my last name is listed twice.
I'll have to e-mail him later.

Andy

Do those of you that have a PA permit use "self defense" or does Other: ALP fly there?

FWIW, I suggest you take robmcd's advice, though, honestly, I think I left that part blank by accident (Alzheimer's) when I submitted it. Mine came back with "self defense" in box 5, "reason to carry."

Received my corrected permit yesterday. 3 days after contacting the Sheriff and he sent me an email today to verify if I received it.

Why can't Mass be that good or even half as good. Don't answer. I know plenty reason why.

Back
Top Bottom