Get your butt to Boston - GOAL Super Alert - Wed 28th!!!!

I planned to be in the city by 7 and grabbing breakfast before heading in.
just a heads up, my spies tell me that the demanding moms and the league of women voters will be there at 8:30 to start grabbing seats.
I had wondered if it would be wise to go early and this answers my question. I'm taking the train into north station then walking to the state house. Need to check the train schedule and get my ticket.

What time are we allowed into the state house? I was also planning on being in the city early

Good question

I believe, in general, the State House opens for tours and such as 8:45 am.

In the past the anti's set up 'meetings with their Reps' in advance of the hearing and were in the building and thus the hearing room before we could get in.

Hell they had photos on FB, twitter and Instagram while the rest were standing in line.

Last edited:
Has anyone hear been to previous hearings and actually spoke? Do they require that you give your full name prior to speaking? Suppose anyone could lie?...

Yeah I’d like to know as I’ll be holding a few people up by waiting for me. I want to give them the green light to go without me if being late means we don’t get in at all.

Doors open at 9:00 according to the mad moms.
Keep an eye out for orange shirted stragglers trying to pull a 'chat and cut' with their comrades that are there early.

MA-Boston State House - Hearing

MA State House
24 Beacon St

Boston, MA 02133

When: Wednesday, August 28, 8:30 AM
Hearing room A2. Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security Hearing on Firearms bills. The hearing starts at 10am with doors opening at 9am. We will begin lining up by 8:30am to ensure we fill seats with red and orange t-shirts. We are supporting 3 bills. H2045, H2091, and H3843

What is "Firearm Trace" data?

An expensive, time consuming, bureaucratic clusterf***...which is probably why it will pass.

"SECTION 1. Section 18 ¾ of Chapter 6A of the General Laws, as appearing in the 2016 Official Edition, is hereby amended by striking paragraph (10) and inserting in place thereof the following paragraph:-

(10) to develop or solicit proposals for a university or nonprofit to develop a biennial report analyzing the firearms trace data collected under section 131Q of chapter 140 of the General Laws and non-identifying gun sales transaction data held by the firearms records bureau. Such report shall be sent to the clerks of the house of representatives and senate, the house and senate committees on ways and means and the house and senate chairs of the joint committee on public safety and homeland security not later than March 1 of every even-numbered year. The report shall contain, but not be limited to, the following information: (i) statistics related to firearms crimes; (ii) arrests and prosecutions of firearms-related offenses, to serve as an examination of the effectiveness of the commonwealth’s firearms-related regulations; (iii) aggregate data on the source of firearms that have been confiscated and identified as being used in a crime or in an attempted or completed suicide during the report period, including aggregate information on the manufacturer, state of origin and last known point of sale, transfer, loss or theft of such firearms; (iv) an explanation of substantial changes in state and federal firearms-related laws and firearms-related statistics in the commonwealth; (v) the effectiveness of section 128B of chapter 140; (vi) the effectiveness of current reporting mechanisms for lost and stolen guns, including identifying the number of guns traced to crime that were determined to have been lost or stolen and, of these, how many were reported lost or stolen prior to their use in the commission of a crime; and (vii) firearm purchase and sales patterns as they relate to firearms traced to crime, including an analysis of the number of guns traced to a crime that were originally purchased from each licensed gun dealer in the commonwealth or purchased through a secondary private seller; and (viii) an analysis of whether the license number used for the purchase or transfer of any firearm used in a crime was associated with the purchase or transfer of any other firearms, in this or any other jurisdiction, within a 12 month period prior or subsequent to the sale of the recovered firearm and the total number of such firearms purchased or transferred by that license holder and whether any of such firearms were also used in crime. Provided, further that, all data referenced herein or relied upon in compiling the report shall accompany the report in an aggregate and non-identifying format. "

SECTION 2. The initial report required by this act shall include an analysis and compilation of all relevant data as of August 11, 2014."

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H2045

I believe, in general, the State House opens for tours and such as 8:45 am.

In the past the anti's set up 'meetings with their Reps' in advance of the hearing and were in the building and thus the hearing room before we could get in.

Hell they had photos on FB, twitter and Instagram while the rest were standing in line.

It’s called organization

I have a different problem: No smartphone app capability. Can I still park at Riverside? Is there someone there to take your money?

I think you can use the website.

Im going to buy my spot at home before I leave.

Park | PayByPhone

PAYMENT
  • Payment Methods: Mobile App, Invoice
  • Mobile app: PayByPhone #4372
  • Daily fee: Mon-Fri: $6 | Sat-Sun: $3
  • Monthly pass: $105

I think you can use the website.

Im going to buy my spot at home before I leave.

Park | PayByPhone

PAYMENT
  • Payment Methods: Mobile App, Invoice
  • Mobile app: PayByPhone #4372
  • Daily fee: Mon-Fri: $6 | Sat-Sun: $3
  • Monthly pass: $105
Geesus Christmas it's complicated. [shocked] What is the lot number for Riverside? How do you know your space number? What if someone is already in it? I am soooo confused. I'm old enough to remember when you paid in cash and parked and that was that. [banghead]

Back
Top Bottom