• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get your butt to Boston - GOAL Super Alert - Wed 28th!!!!

New to all of this. How exactly do these hearings work?

These are a lot of bills - do they just announce the name of it and take a show of hands on approve vs oppose? How does someone speak out? Do they really value those with degrees, because if we're going to play that game, it looks like some of these legislatures only graduated high school [hmmm]

New to all of this. How exactly do these hearings work?

These are a lot of bills - do they just announce the name of it and take a show of hands on approve vs oppose? How does someone speak out? Do they really value those with degrees, because if we're going to play that game, it looks like some of these legislatures only graduated high school [hmmm]
Basically you show up early if you want to speak and put your name on the list. They will call you down hours after all the "important" people and those who signed up before you do.
Then they take it all as public record and then pass or kill any bill on to the House for their vote, regardless of what has been said.
Generally a waste of time waiting that long into the day if you don't plan to speak unless you're like me and get pleasure from suffering listening to liberals talk for hours.

Basically you show up early if you want to speak and put your name on the list. They will call you down hours after all the "important" people and those who signed up before you do.
Then they take it all as public record and then pass or kill any bill on to the House for their vote, regardless of what has been said.
Generally a waste of time waiting that long into the day if you don't plan to speak unless you're like me and get pleasure from suffering listening to liberals talk for hours.

So how does one become one of these "important" people to speak? :)

Checked my schedule and I can make it. Will also find time to knock on my State Senator and State Reps door for all the good that will do. Go to Chacarero for lunch and enjoy a cigar on the common.
Might join you on the common after with a Byron for myself. A treat after dealing with antigunners

Might join you on the common after with a Byron for myself. A treat after dealing with antigunners

Checked my schedule and I can make it. Will also find time to knock on my State Senator and State Reps door for all the good that will do. Go to Chacarero for lunch and enjoy a cigar on the common.

Keep an eye out for the anti-smoking nazis.
Lighting up anything on the Common is verboten.

Lighting up anything on the Common is verboten.

iu

FYI, I waited 7+ hours to testify with my daughter in 2014. Seething mad after Coakley got up there and straight up lied about the gun show loophole in MA.

Just ONCE I’d like to see one of these pols called on their lies while being recorded in a public forum.

They’re doing a last minute full court press here. You lose any right to bitch about the new infringements if you don’t participate in the process. Make your voice heard.

FYI, I waited 7+ hours to testify with my daughter in 2014. Seething mad after Coakley got up there and straight up lied about the gun show loophole in MA.

Just ONCE I’d like to see one of these pols called on their lies while being recorded in a public forum.

They’re doing a last minute full court press here. You lose any right to bitch about the new infringements if you don’t participate in the process. Make your voice heard.
Yeah I remember spending the day there and it was just as maddening then as I know it will be Wednesday

How long would one of us from the
unwashed masses get to speak if we
made it on the list? I have to start
writing my speech.
It's my understanding that us peons only get 3 minutes to speak and it's strictly enforced while the victim disarmament proponents and our supposed betters get basically as long as they want.

It's my understanding that us peons only get 3 minutes to speak and it's strictly enforced while the victim disarmament proponents and our supposed betters get basically as long as they want.

That’s friggen outrageous! So the
only reason to go is to be a body?
I was thinking if I could get 15 I
could get my point across. 3 minutes
is just enough time to introduce yourself
and say I’m pro second. NEXT!

Back
Top Bottom