Get your butt to Boston - GOAL Super Alert - Wed 28th!!!!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Well crap......

The Joint Committee on Public Safety has scheduled a very rare August hearing. The hearing will take place on Wednesday, August 28, 2019 at 1:00 PM in room A2 at the State House. Your attendance at this hearing in opposition to the many draconian proposals is of paramount importance!
The list of bills that will be heard includes anti-civil rights proposals such as:
  • One gun a month;
  • Banning all standard magazines;
  • Mandating annual inspections of guns by local law enforcement;
  • Mandatory live fire training for licensing;
  • All guns offered for sale must be photographed and test fired by the state crime lab;
  • Requiring liability insurance for all gun owners;
  • More.
One of the more alarming bills seems to be a follow up on the misguided “Red Flag” law passed recently in Massachusetts. H.2048 An Act authorizing the voluntary disavowal of eligibility to purchase a firearm. This bill would: “… shall establish a list of persons who disavow eligibility to purchase a firearm, rifle, shotgun or machine gun, hereinafter referred to as a firearm. A person may request such person’s name to be placed on the list of disavowal of eligibility by filing a form with the commissioner acknowledging the person has a psychiatric disability and is a danger to themselves and by agreeing that the person shall not purchase a firearm.”
Interestingly enough, the supporters of the “Red Flag” laws are adamant that those laws are not related to mental health issues. Now they want a “list” made of just that.
Link to hearing details and bill list:

https://malegislature.gov/Events/Hearings/Detail/3247

Support: H.2054, H.2050, S.1395, H.2055, S.1404, H.2066, S.1413, H.2072, S.1424, S.1423, S.1422, S.1421, S.1420, S.1419, S.1418, H.2080, H.2099, H.2103, S.1434, H.2122, H.2131, H.2130, H.2129, H.2133, H.2144, H.2151, H.2154, H.2153, S.1369, S.1417

Oppose: S.1389, S.1387, H.2040, H.2039, H.2048, H.3843, H.3576, H.2046, H.2045, H.2044, H.2077, H.3577, H.2097, H.2096, H.2095, H.2094, H.2093, H.2092, H.2091, H.2089, S.1451, H.2117, H.3782, H.3783, H.3781, H.3780, S.1361, S.1360, H.3927

Support if amended: S.1388, H.2052, S.1426

Needs further study: H.2108

I am a per diem employee at an operating room. They are not going to say to the patient sorry.. just schedule tomorrow..

A call out on a day i scheduled myself on the self scheduling... would be saying F u hospital..

Sorry but i can not make it

So... bus load of professional protesting grandmothers in matching t-shirts brought in from CT again? *flashes back to 2014 hearings*

Oh.... and that MSP interstate anti-arms trafficking unit still hasn't been funded 5 years later.

And the list of excuses begins........
yeah. I'll plan on a lidocaine shot in my knee and gobble down some narcotics and make a valiant attempt to get in. the old guard has to go....the guys we busted butts for many years ago so they wouldn't lose all their guns rights "have to work." when us old guys die off you worker bees will be screwed.

This is some massively f***ed up shit tbh. Are they legitimately considering any of this, or is this the usual Linskey-esq bullshit that gets introduced every term and tossed out just as quickly?

This is some massively f***ed up shit tbh. Are they legitimately considering any of this, or is this the usual Linskey-esq bullshit that gets introduced every term and tossed out just as quickly?

There wouldn't be a hearing scheduled on a date before a holiday, which has already had the hearing time changed following GOAL's initial announcement, right at the end of the legislative session, if some a**h***s had not already been slipped some $$$$ to engage in some fookery against the 2A. The state is definitely playing games.

So... bus load of professional protesting grandmothers in matching t-shirts brought in from CT again? *flashes back to 2014 hearings*

Oh.... and that MSP interstate anti-arms trafficking unit still hasn't been funded 5 years later.
Nothing says "we're serious!' like a bunch of nanas in orange shirts

Never been to the State House but will be attending this on Wednesday. Can anyone give me directions on where to get in once there?
You will probably have to use the side entrance, the General Hooker entrance. Currently it is scheduled for A2.

https://malegislature.gov/VirtualTour/Floor/1
I usually walk in from the blue line at government center.

F********ck. Now that I work from home I could totally attend. 2 months without a work trip and the one day I will be in another city this happens.

There wouldn't be a hearing scheduled on a date before a holiday, which has already had the hearing time changed following GOAL's initial announcement, right at the end of the legislative session, if some a**h***s had not already been slipped some $$$$ to engage in some fookery against the 2A. The state is definitely playing games.
They're gonna rape us harder than NY did with the SAFE act. It's bullshit that shows the illegitimacy of the government.

If anyone needs me to hold anything at my new home in the Midwest until you sort out a better option (ie move out of state), i’ll be making the last load to move out permanently some time in the beginning of November I think if everything goes as planned.

Are these kinds of things usually ‘effective now’ or just ‘from yadayada date moving forward...’

If it’s effective immediately, there may be an emergency trip on the last legal day to get all my Preban (paid 5 times what they’re actually worth) shit out...i’ll be damned if someone is going to attempt to steal my overpriced rifles from me :D

I am a per diem employee at an operating room. They are not going to say to the patient sorry.. just schedule tomorrow..

A call out on a day i scheduled myself on the self scheduling... would be saying F u hospital..

Sorry but i can not make it

Can you help us with maura at work. A frontal lobotomy perhaps.

Ahhh Shit! I've been doing this crap for 30 years, in this damn state. Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in. They'll probably try to start charging me rent this time.

What matters is a show of numbers. Pesky job thing.

If you think anything other than "show of numbers" counts, note that:
  1. Important people will be allowed to go first. This means anyone representing an anti-gun group; anyone with an MD; anyone who is the sort who could get an unrestricted LTC in Brookline just by telling the licensing officer who they are or what position they hold; etc. Plus Jim Wallace on our side.
  2. Most of the recognized important people will be against us. That's a it part of why they are recognized as important.
  3. Once the importants speak, many/most of the legislators will leave the room and those who drew short straws or lack seniority will stay and pretend to listen to your concerns. No minds will be changed and no agendas shifted. Chances are they will be annoyed you are wasting their time because they have no interest in the hearing other than seeing it end.
And no, this is not a position statement from me but just an observation as to how these things really work.

Back
Top Bottom