• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get your butt to Boston - GOAL Super Alert - Wed 28th!!!!

That’s friggen outrageous! So the
only reason to go is to be a body?
I was thinking if I could get 15 I
could get my point across. 3 minutes
is just enough time to introduce yourself
and say I’m pro second. NEXT!
Facts & reason aren't allowed only feelings, fantasy and fears about inanimate objects shall be entertained by our betters.

That’s friggen outrageous! So the
only reason to go is to be a body?
I was thinking if I could get 15 I
could get my point across. 3 minutes
is just enough time to introduce yourself
and say I’m pro second. NEXT!
If you somehow keep their attention with what you talk about you could get them to get distracted on time?
Unlikely.

What is actually allowed, can I film it?
I filmed it all back in 2014, my microphone sucked so it was pretty much a waste.

“The Committee of One Guy Two Ladies Against Gun Control”

If you remember there were 'idiots' that were allowed to speak before the public because they represented some type of group and told them at sign in. Some of the groups seemed as legit as yours. If you are speaking on behalf of yourself as an individual be prepared to wait.

If you remember there were 'idiots' that were allowed to speak before the public because they represented some type of group and told them at sign in. Some of the groups seemed as legit as yours. If you are speaking on behalf of yourself as an individual be prepared to wait.

This

'Groups' get to speak for unlimited amounts of time (usually anti) and the politicians seem to pay attention, when pro's speak or GOAL - they seem to stare into their laps and play with their phones. The last series of these I went to 3 mins for the citizenry, groups have no limit - except for GOAL/NRA, but if you are a pastor from a local church - you've got 20 minutes before you have to even think about stopping.

I have never attended one of these before, but am considering taking the day off and going. I am not a good speaker, but want to show my opposition to the anti 2A stuff and add to the numbers as such. I get that being there is good, but without speaking how is it clear that I am there in opposition? (besides being a fat middle age white guy!!!)

I have never attended one of these before, but am considering taking the day off and going. I am not a good speaker, but want to show my opposition to the anti 2A stuff and add to the numbers as such. I get that being there is good, but without speaking how is it clear that I am there in opposition? (besides being a fat middle age white guy!!!)

Wear something 2A related. A shirt or hat from a gun company or 2A org of some sort should make it clear which side you're one.

Will see if I can take the day off. If the room is full, will everyone just be standing in front of the State House until it ends?

With only a 3 minute time limit, in order to get our points across assuming they will listen, maybe a group of 4-5 can get together and continue each others speech picking up where the previous left off. Or why not get a speaker on behalf of NES to get a longer timeframe

I just see these anti bills as harassment

Wear something 2A related. A shirt or hat from a gun company or 2A org of some sort should make it clear which side you're one.

While this certainly would work, I am of the belief that attending the State house as such it is better not not be wearing just a tee shirt, but a button down or golf shirt at least, in an attempt to convey a good image (my opinion only). And under no circumstances would I wear a hat in a building.... The GOAL sticker would work, I assume.

It would be nice if someone brought some GOAL hats to sell before the hearing. That would likely have to be outside the Statehouse, but it would show some unity among us.

Just showing up in numbers helps. Speaking without a clear and concise message probably won't. The other side is going to have all sorts of prepared talking points put together by people who do it for a living. Saying something dumb, or being goaded into an intemperate reply, will hurt us.

This isn't about logic or facts, it's about emotions. It's all theater of the absurd.

Any advice, assuming I'm able to speak? I guess my question is which bills should I focus on? Of course we all can't discuss each and every bill that we oppose so I'm just trying to make sure I'm (and anyone else that's reading that isn't sure) effective. Anyone have good strategies?
I ask because many of these seem like there's no way they would pass due to additional manpower and costs etc (inspection and test firing of all guns for example). Don't want to waste time on the more ridiculous bills? Or maybe we should?

From one of the other threads:
This is all a sideshow to distract us from the stuff that has a chance of passing.

There’s way, way too many problems with this dumpster fire for it to become law, and not just stuff we hate; the cops will nix it because it’s impossible to comply with.

Focus your energy on shit like gun-a-month and 10 day waiting periods and full capacity magazine bans.
Eh, I would keep my eye on the one gun a month, magazine restriction, or dealer transfer for all gun sales (no more F2F FA10's) before police inspections, or even gun insurance. Remember, lots of "special folks" have LTC's too (even though they hate guns). You think they are going to pay some bloated insurance payment? Its all good until something happens and it comes out some state rep was going uninsured.
Of course the most obvious response would be, how would any of these prevent a mass shooting?!

Any advice, assuming I'm able to speak? I guess my question is which bills should I focus on? Of course we all can't discuss each and every bill that we oppose so I'm just trying to make sure I'm (and anyone else that's reading that isn't sure) effective. Anyone have good strategies?
I ask because many of these seem like there's no way they would pass due to additional manpower and costs etc (inspection and test firing of all guns for example). Don't want to waste time on the more ridiculous bills? Or maybe we should?

Remember, you will only have a moment or two to speak. It's best to pick one bill that you can speak personally about, as in how it affects you. Or you could pick the inverse and discuss how a bill will not do anything it's intending to do. You can always put more thoughts down in writing and hand it in as written testimony.

I really hope that some gun shop owners/employees can make the hearing. They would be the ones to comment on how the private sale ban and $25 max transfer fee, would effect their business.

Remember, you will only have a moment or two to speak. It's best to pick one bill that you can speak personally about, as in how it affects you. Or you could pick the inverse and discuss how a bill will not do anything it's intending to do. You can always put more thoughts down in writing and hand it in as written testimony.
Thanks.

"You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar..."

iu
NCH00050.jpg

I really hope that some gun shop owners/employees can make the hearing. They would be the ones to comment on how the private sale ban and $25 max transfer fee, would effect their business.
That may be counter productive.

The state wants gun shops out of business.

Always puzzles me why people bother to gives excuses as to why they cannot make something. Who really cares why you cant make it....Just my humble opinion.

Myself I will be going in....
Yeah I don't know why either.

Originally I was thinking of going into work first then taking the train into Boston, in the event I would make it to work afterwards (and use a partial vacation day) but it seems like that's far from a guarantee. Just going to take the whole day off. I'm fairly behind in work and this will put me further behind but it's so worth it.

Back
Top Bottom