Get the shot or get discharged

So the AZ guard is fighting this, at least our soldiers are, 9 out of 100+ guys in my company took the shot, out of the other co's the company with the most guys who got it had 20.

So i think this is going to fall on its face. They cant just disband an infantry battalion.

Interesting!

I'm impressed.

They cant just disband an infantry battalion.

They won't, but they can lose all the people. An INARNG EAB FA Bn went from 12 guns manned to just 2 a few years back. It was still a bn on paper.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the guard in some states slow roll everything until it eventually becomes no big deal. As long as folks don't go on any federal orders, the states may let it roll. Retention is a huge deal in the guard, and a whole bunch of things go by the wayside to help.

A relative has worked in IT at a hospital for 20 years or so. Due to substantial mobility issues they have worked from home for years. At least 5 years since they went into the office. In fact this relative rarely leaves the house.

And he was warned that he'll be let go if he does not get the shot. Along with a couple hundred other employees. From a hospital that's already woefully understaffed.

You can't make this shit up. Fire someone who's never in the office, is handicapped and is probably agoraphobic because they won't get the shot.

If needed I'll get him a lawyer, just for fun. Because this is totally irrational.

I saw that!

Very interesting. I'm curious to see how this will play out.
I'm assuming withholding of pay/funding or administrative punishment. Which could lead to an interesting SCotUS case about the National Guard model not being constitutional vs. the original state militia system.

I saw that!

Very interesting. I'm curious to see how this will play out.

Provided they don't get put on title 10, it shouldn't be a huge issue for the individuals. They can still do everything the state asks them too while on state orders.

I'm interested in the fed response. I would expect it to be two pronged fed gov to state gov and DOD to OKNG. Presumably about the only thing they can cut off is funding, and given how bad off the NG is, I doubt that will be cut off.

The Army mandates vaccines all the time dont they?
MEPS, deployments, etc.....Granted, the C19 vax is not properly approved.
But if they can tell you to get 10 shots before you go to Africa and they can tell you to go take some heavily defended worthless hill top, seems they can order you to get the C19 Vax.

"We are aware of the memo issued by the Oklahoma Adjutant General regarding COVID vaccination for Guardsmen and the governor's letter requesting exemption. We will respond to the governor appropriately," John Kirby, a spokesperson for the Pentagon, told CNN.”

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin stood by the mandate, the spokesperson told CNN.

I'm not sure the SMs can be punished. They're obeying the orders of their AG and their Commander-in-Chief, who is NOT the president. It's the governor of OK.

The NG isn't federal unless certain conditions are met. This could lead to an interesting series of court cases.

But if they can tell you to get 10 shots before you go to Africa and they can tell you to go take some heavily defended worthless hill top, seems they can order you to get the C19 Vax.
National Guard units cannot be deployed outside their state (including overseas) without authorization by the Governor of the state. I can see red state Governors telling the feds to pound sand and the Fed response to withhold funding and (if they go full retard) impound/repossess all federally funded arms/equipment purchases to disarm states.

I love it.

When I sponsored a Defend The Guard bill last term, the same people who led the charge against it and killed my bill are now using my own arguments to demand that Sununu protect the NH Guard against mandatory vaccinations.

I'm not sure the SMs can be punished. They're obeying the orders of their AG and their Commander-in-Chief, who is NOT the president. It's the governor of OK.

The individuals are perfectly safe here.

The guard being owned by the state is also one of the reasons you see some states, Ohio if I'm remembering correctly, have civilian charges that can be brought on guard members in lieu of UCMJ.

Oklahoma is doing the right thing to protect their bottom line, which in the reserve component is retention. Sure they're non deployable for title 10 stuff requiring a lengthy mobilization, but f*** it.

I love it.

When I sponsored a Defend The Guard bill last term, the same people who led the charge against it and killed my bill are now using my own arguments to demand that Sununu protect the NH Guard against mandatory vaccinations.
So long as you’re not surprised by it.

The Army mandates vaccines all the time dont they?
MEPS, deployments, etc.....Granted, the C19 vax is not properly approved.

What if i told you to deepthroat my johnson?

Back
Top Bottom