Get Ready For Ratpocalypse

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
America Is on the Verge of Ratpocalypse

Warmer weather is fueling a rodent surge, straining public health systems and the economy. It's time for the federal government to step in.
https://newrepublic.com/article/144392/america-verge-ratpocalypse

Most cities know rat woes well. Washington, D.C., for instance, has burned through countless plans to stymie its longstanding “rat problem” or “rodent crisis,” in which disease-ridden critters are not only growing in number but ballooning to the size of human infants.

What they don’t know is how this all will end. Houston, Texas, is seeing a rat spike this year, and so is New York City. In Chicago, rodent complaints for the early part of the summer have increased about 9 percent from last year, forcing city officials to start sprinkling the streets with rat birth control. Philadelphia and Boston were recently ranked the two cities with the most rat sightings in the country. And it’s not just this year; as USA Today reported last year, major cities saw spikes in rodent-related business from 2013 to 2015. Calls to Orkin, the pest control service, were reportedly “up 61 percent in Chicago; 67 percent in Boston; 174 percent in San Francisco; 129 percent in New York City; and 57 percent in Washington, D.C.”

Last edited:

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0

Mmmm, sriratcha ...

Send them overseas. Might get our trade deficit down.
Besides, American rats are some of the biggest in the world!

Rats Back on the Menu in Vietnam:

By ABC News
·March 28

It's been almost a year since floods wiped out most of the rats in Vietnam's Mekong Delta. But now, they're back.

And some locals are glad. So glad that they might even be salivating.

If they are, they're probably savoring the possibilities: rat sour soup, fried rat, curried rat, grilled rat...

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=81341

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
[FONT=&quot]A group called R.A.T.S. uses dogs to hunt rats in Manhattan.

[/FONT]
<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: &quot;YouTube Noto&quot;, Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">[video=youtube_share;M-YClLBpCfc]http://youtu.be/M-YClLBpCfc[/video]

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
We need those dogs in Boston. Send them to Alston first! My college kid was renting there and I swear it must be ratmageddon. The rats run around fearlessly during daylight.

I have not tried eating rat yet, but it's gotta taste better than donkey.

Dadstoys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not that many years ago they had the "Rat Men " in NYC.
They'd go into the underground with a sawed off broom handles and a sack at night when there was no one around and come back out in the early morning.
They got paid by the rat.

quincy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Five cents a rat. Let the dumpster diving begin. The rat bill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fleas, rats, dogs, isn't that how the plague got it's start.
we should probably leave this to the pro's, some one like charlie kelly here folks...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We need those dogs in Boston. Send them to Alston first! My college kid was renting there and I swear it must be ratmageddon. The rats run around fearlessly during daylight.

I have not tried eating rat yet, but it's gotta taste better than donkey.
Hell yeah. Allston and Fenway. I used to sit outside my X house waiting for an Uber and I would watch the rats running across the street. And im not talking about some ghetto.

And they are f-ing BIG.

I left my trash out next to the door for 10 minutes one day while I went inside to grab a second bag, when I came out the trash had a hole and there was a huge rat out on the yard chewing on chicken bones and some left over chicken. 10 minutes.

Walk around Manhattan on trash day and kick the piles of trash on the street. Have fun counting how many rats run out.

Last edited:

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
You want rice-paddy rat, NOT Urban Rat...
Leftover Chinese take-out and pizza fed Alston 'Ratten Fleisch'. I don't see how rice fed can compete with such exotic flavors.

Friends have pet rats- fairly smart animals and really no trouble at all. I'm surprised Maura hasn't banned pet rats to solve the problem of wild rat infestations.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Walk around Manhattan on trash day and kick the piles of trash on the street. Have fun counting how many rats run out.
Rat hunting with terriers has become a sport in NYC.
Think of it as a modern update of fox hunting with hounds and no horses:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jpk

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[FONT="]A group called R.A.T.S. uses dogs to hunt rats in Manhattan.

[/FONT]
<span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: "YouTube Noto", Roboto, arial, sans-serif;">[video=youtube_share;M-YClLBpCfc]http://youtu.be/M-YClLBpCfc[/video]
In home video about ratting, I would not expect to see either a Dandy Dinmont or a Bedlington.... but there they both are.

Top Bottom