Get Pissed off on 128? Lose your LTC!

C-pher is right. The law is "could the sentence include jail time greater than x?" If so, you are a prohibited person, even if no fine/no jail time given.

I drive Rt128 fairly often and it never ceases to amaze me when I see idiots who drive in the left lane until they're 50yds from their exit and then try to shoot across 3 lanes of traffic to get to the exit.

Complete asses[angry]

I was under the impression that you don't even have to spend a night in jail. Just being found on this, even if you just have to do 8 hours CS, or even just pay a small ticket...it counts.

A guilty finding is enough even with no punishment. I just used the one day in jail as an example.

Without the wording of the bill, attempting to determine the reasonableness of it is useless. However I've seen this feel good legislation more then once. A few years back everyone went out of their way to pass legislation on carjacking. We had more than enough statutes currently on the books to cover that crime but the legislators wanted to get their names in the press and make it look like they were actually doing something.

"Right now, if you bump into someone with your car out of anger, there isn't any law to punish you"

Depending on the incident itself, (based on my frame of reference) I could start with Careless Driving and work up to Aggravated Assault with a Weapon (MV) if it was determined it was intentional. Aggressive driving is a problem in some areas but coming up for the same statute using a different name will not solve the problem. Just makes the statute books thicker.

Yep, FID also.

If found guilty and sentenced to even 1 day in jail, the loss/revocation of ones LTC/FID kicks in because of what the max sentence could potentially be.

Maybe I'm being delusional, but I swear the MA Legislature deliberately increases sentencing to more than 2 years for the sole purpose of denying a person their RKBA.

A guilty finding is enough even with no punishment. I just used the one day in jail as an example.

Ok, got ya. [wink]

People blather on and on about road rage but where's the outrage about stupid driving? Where's the outrage about people not paying attention, eating Big Macs while driving, reading the newspaper, putting on makeup?

Maybe, just maybe the people with road rage are pissed off for a good reason.

People blather on and on about road rage but where's the outrage about stupid driving? Where's the outrage about people not paying attention, eating Big Macs while driving, reading the newspaper, putting on makeup?

Maybe, just maybe the people with road rage are pissed off for a good reason.

You're asking a legislator to actually use their common sense and solve the cause of a problem, rather than the symptom?

What are you, stupid?[rofl]

A friend of mine in Dallas gave the finger to a woman in traffic.
Two cops showed up at dinnertime at his house, arrested him and took him out in handcuffs in front of his young children. Charged with simple assault

Technically, that could be viewed as "Sexual Assault" given the general meaning of "the finger".

Assault = threat (what the victim feels, not what the aggressor intended)

Battery = contact has been made

Mass (and RI+CT) drivers are about the worst anywhere.

I think everyone has the same opinion about the drivers of their home state. Take a leisurely drive through downtown Manhattan midday. You will change your mind very quickly about bad drivers. But LA was no picnic either.

I think everyone has the same opinion about the drivers of their home state. Take a leisurely drive through downtown Manhattan midday. You will change your mind very quickly about bad drivers. But LA was no picnic either.

+1

I have had the fortune to live all over the country and there are two
platitudes everyone in every city says:

"We have the worst drivers in the country"

and

"If you don't like the weather, just wait a minute and it will change"

I just smile and go about my business

PS. I'm the guy who drives 50 mph every morning on Rt 2 in the RIGHT land

Last edited:

No way. I used to drive in Manhattan at least once a week. I'll take a NY cabbie over some dumbass making a left turn in front of me the second the light goes green even though I'm obviously moving. Plus, in NY we actually use turn signals.

cry me a river... being cut off ,honked at and flipped off are all part of driving. the only way somone should be taken in is if they beat the shit out of them,ram them or threaten them.

I'm screwed. Road rage is the way I work out the frustrations of work as I commute home. Live by the creed of "Get the hell out of my way or deal with what happens if you don't". [smile]

Ok, I'm kidding. Well, maybe. In all seriousness, I'm kidding. Maybe [rolleyes] [wink]

Back
Top Bottom