Get a gun and carry it at home! ... Holly Bobo abduction

Titan

Banned
A 20 yr old Tennessee woman, Holly Bobo, answered her doorbell, and was pulled out of her house and carried away.

LINK

Her brother, upstairs in the house, watched out a window, as a guy in camo clothing carried his sister off into the woods (could his story be BS?).

There is now a manhunt to try to 'close the barn door' by trying to find and recover Ms. Bobo?

Can you imagine this???

Share this story with all wives and girlfriends who are anti-gun and can't understand why anyone would need a gun in their home.

Guns are for protection of your life and the lives of your family!

ADT and other alarm systems are to protect your stuff, when you're not home.

Last edited:
My wife doesn't answer the door for anyone....and by the time it would take to kick down my big ass front door, they won't be happy with what's pointed at them on the other end.

holy expletive!
too bad it would be illegal for her to buy a handgun because she is 21 and would be on a campus, damn stupid gun laws

Not trying to Monday morning quarterback this, I wasn't there, but it seems to me that the brother could have been a little more proactive. I have yet to have an accounting of what he did once he saw his sister being abducted. At this point, it is moot to comment further on what his course of action should have been or what he did so I will reserve final judgment, still I am curious.

Mark L.

Not trying to Monday morning quarterback this, I wasn't there, but it seems to me that the brother could have been a little more proactive. I have yet to have an accounting of what he did once he saw his sister being abducted. At this point, it is moot to comment further on what his course of action should have been or what he did so I will reserve final judgment, still I am curious.

Mark L.

I didn't see it in the linked story.. any idea how old the brother is? It just said he saw her grabbed at the carport and he called 911.

Mark L.

My understanding from what's been reported is that the brother saw the abduction and immediately called 911.

I haven't heard of any delay in calling, attempts to pursue before calling, etc.

Yep, this one is strange. He's 25 and witnessed his 20 year old sister dragged off in to the woods by a stranger wearing camo. [hmmm]

I keep waiting for them to report he's handicap or something but so far nothing.

That will haunt him forever.

My understanding from what's been reported is that the brother saw the abduction and immediately called 911.

I haven't heard of any delay in calling, attempts to pursue before calling, etc.

Yeah, and brothers tend to not murder their sisters either. I am not sure this is anything more than what it seems. This is going to be a nightmare. The likelihood of this going to work out well is very small...

take this with a grain of salt, but having a gun on your hip isn't necessarily going to save you when someone gets the drop on you. male or female, if you're not in shape, and don't know how to fight when someone gets you from behind, then your magical concealed carry piece + 2 mags aren't going to do anything for you get bushwacked. it's just hardware the bad guys are going to have after you're dead.

A dude on the cape this week was murdered. They shoot through his basement window and took him out.

Based on Titan's link, the brother didn't intervene because he thought the guy in camo was his sister's boyfriend. This sucks, one of my sisters lives near there and hasn't a clue when it comes to "situational awareness". Basically, the guy could already have the gun out and my sister would still answer the door. Prayers go out to find her alive.

take this with a grain of salt, but having a gun on your hip isn't necessarily going to save you when someone gets the drop on you. male or female, if you're not in shape, and don't know how to fight when someone gets you from behind, then your magical concealed carry piece + 2 mags aren't going to do anything for you get bushwacked. it's just hardware the bad guys are going to have after you're dead.

While I'm in full agreement that if someone gets the drop on you your gun won't much help, there is no reason on earth this guy should have got the drop on her. If I answer the door for a stranger at night, I don't open it without a reason and I have a gun IN MY HAND at the door. If he tries something stupid, he's gonna get a few through the door.

While I'm in full agreement that if someone gets the drop on you your gun won't much help, there is no reason on earth this guy should have got the drop on her. If I answer the door for a stranger at night, I don't open it without a reason and I have a gun IN MY HAND at the door. If he tries something stupid, he's gonna get a few through the door.

Absolutely agree.

Rather than assume that bad things can happen, my assumption is that anyone carrying a gun, answers the door in a low alert status because they understand risk.

Fudd logic, is don't wear a gun, because it might get taken from you.

BTW, Mark Fuhrman was on Greta's show tonight and said the brother has changed his original story from her being grabbed and dragged out the door, to one in which she walked off and he thought it was her boyfriend.

Two versions of the truth = never a good thing!

So this 25 year old guy could not catch up to a guy running with a full grown adult female over his shoulder? Riiight.

Soulds fishy to me.

Sounds like somebody may have paid an outstanding debt with his sister. Hope I am wrong

So this 25 year old guy could not catch up to a guy running with a full grown adult female over his shoulder? Riiight.

Soulds fishy to me.

Sounds like somebody may have paid an outstanding debt with his sister. Hope I am wrong

I suppose it's also possible that there never was another guy.

It'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds. I just get that same feeling in my gut that I get when parents come out pleading for help finding their kid, only to find out one or both of the parents harmed the kid.

It doesn't hurt to have a fixed blade in a place where either hand can reach it and a little bit of training with it.

So long as one hand can get to it, major damage can be done to the grappler.

This whole situation stinks to the high heavens... period. It will not end good here. As for not being armed being a good idea... really!!! Why do we own guns, to polish, to store and hide from martha... I thought most of us here are concerned with SD... I think that means we carry. If the bad guy gets a jump on me.. doesn't mean I can't have an opportunity to get to my weapon at some point.. and if he gets my weapon from me.. oh well, at least I had a chance ....

My way of thinking, one way or the other, everything is a weapon and their will be a trail of blood to follow, mine or his, if it s mine, I did the best I could, if its his, the body will not be too far away.

It seems in ultra close combat a knife is a better option then a revolver or pistol. A knife would be harder to take away from you because the only part they can grab is the blade,but with a gun the can grab the frame and it is easier to torque out of your hand. A gun is a great option for many self defense situations, but in some a fixed blade or spring assisted knife is a far better option.

Carrying weapons can lead to the delusion that you are prepared for an actual self defense situation. Go to an indoor rental range, watch some of the shooters on the line, and realize that they believe they are ready for a gunfight. I understand that they are more prepared than an unarmed victim, but the reality is they bought the piano and never learned to play it.

Carrying weapons can lead to the delusion that you are prepared for an actual self defense situation. Go to an indoor rental range, watch some of the shooters on the line, and realize that they believe they are ready for a gunfight. I understand that they are more prepared than an unarmed victim, but the reality is they bought the piano and never learned to play it.

I think that if she was abducted she's probably dead by now.

If she had a gun or a knife she would likely have had a better chance than looking for a sharp stick or a rock. It's even possible she'd still be at home, having cautiously approached the door and scared off an intruder with her gun/knife.

I saw the Sherriff inteviewed on TV. He said that the brother didn't pursue, thinking it was her boyfriend, but when he went outside (no indication of how long the delay was), he saw blood, and called 911.

Major fail on the brother, unless he was in a wheelchair. Something is not right here.

If it were my Sister, She would have stabbed him in the throat and dragged him off into the woods.

Am I out of touch with the youth of today or something? I don't care if it is my sisters boyfriend... If he has thrown her over his shoulder and is dragging her off to the woods, I'm going out to see whats going on (and hell, if its just something kinky and I interupt, what are brothers for, right). I mean, on what planet is that normal?

Edit: just read the article, he didn't carry her off to the woods, they both walked off... that makes the brothers story look alot better

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom