Georgia's Safe Carry Protection Act

In other words, Rhode Island Law.

“We're going to go to Hooters now expecting that everybody in there has a gun,” Police Chief David Lyons of Garden City said. “Our safety antenna is going to be up.”

As a LEO, you should expect everyone to have a gun always, not to mention your "safety antenna" should always be up.

1. "It would permit schools to arm staff members and lower the age from 21 to 18 for active members of the military to obtain gun licenses."
This one I don't technically understand.......and I'm still wearing the uniform.......why should service members have more rights than non service members to use their 2A right?

2. "The legislation would allow licensed gun owners to take weapons into houses of worship if the church allows it"
Is there currently a law forbidding carrying a fire arm to church in GA? That makes no sense if here is currently a law forbidding it......are churches not allowed to set their own rule on that?

Is there currently a law forbidding carrying a fire arm to church in GA? That makes no sense if here is currently a law forbidding it......are churches not allowed to set their own rule on that?
GA carry permits have long suffered from borderline uselessness due to the large number of places where they are void.

1. "It would permit schools to arm staff members and lower the age from 21 to 18 for active members of the military to obtain gun licenses."
This one I don't technically understand.......and I'm still wearing the uniform.......why should service members have more rights than non service members to use their 2A right?

2. "The legislation would allow licensed gun owners to take weapons into houses of worship if the church allows it"

I believe they assume all military have had basic firearms training (bootcamp?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't it sad how the govt getting rid of bad laws suddenly becomes "OMG people will now be allowed to do X!!" ?

I believe they assume all military have had basic firearms training (bootcamp?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First it is no place of the government to decide who needs or has had training you know......shall not be infringed. Second it refers to dropping the age for military from 21 to 18 to get a permit......I hope to god they are not thinking that a military member at 18 is more mature than a non military member at 18. Jesus.......the ****ing privates I have to deal with these days......drama.......lazy.....whiney little sheeeets!

Miltary or non military in my opinion should have the same rights.......again I wear the uniform and don't expect more privileges than those who don't.

Last edited:
First it is no place of the government to decide who needs or has had training you know......shall not be infringed. Second it refers to dropping the age for military from 21 to 18 to get a permit......I hope to god they are not thinking that a military member at 18 is more mature than a non military member at 18. Jesus.......the ****ing privates I have to deal with these days......drama.......lazy.....whiney little sheeeets!

Miltary or non military in my opinion should have the same rights.......again I wear the uniform and don't expect more privileges than those who don't.

This...

Plenty of military guys shouldnt be allowed near guns. Ive seen NDs in both worlds... if anything the military breeds weapons complacency. When you carry around an unloaded rifle for months on end in training invariably you start getting stupid...

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

LOL Been there as well and seen some almost 30 yr olds who went "sad" (fake sad) because they couldn't hack it. It depends on the people...

Back
Top Bottom