• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Georgia Woman Sentenced To Prison For Pawning Dozens Of Stolen Guns

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
What a dumbass!
Did she really think a pawn shop with an FFL wasn't going to check to see if the guns were stolen ???
Maybe pawning two or three wouldn't attract too much attention, but 37 ???
And she still had 46 more at home!

Lmao the pawn shop likely doesn't "check to see if guns are stolen" ever (there is rarely, if ever a facility to do it, unless it is a service provided by local law enforcement) but there's a more than fair chance a victim spotted one of their guns there and either told the pawn shop about it or otherwise got the cops involved. Actually this broad was doing it for a YEAR so the odds of someone seeing one of their guns there probably was exponentially high.

ETA: Another possibility- something "cool" was stolen, and someone posted it on a gun board as such, with a "please be on the look out for gun XYZ with SN such and such" and someone found it in that pawn shop.... would be interesting if that was the case!

Just 5 years and how much time off for good behavior? Seems like a light sentence considering the number or tons she had stolen . Combined she had over 80 stolen firearms I would have thought the BATFE and the prosecutors would have pushed for 10 to 15 and if she was already a felon 20 years +.

Don't worry Maura Healey threatens us all with 10 years and lets a convicted drug dealer with an AK47 rifle free on four months of probation!

Lmao the pawn shop likely doesn't "check to see if guns are stolen" ever (there is rarely, if ever a facility to do it, unless it is a service provided by local law enforcement) !

In some places it's a local ordinance, pawned guns are required for the serial numbers to be run for stolen.
Some jurisdictions require it on all traded guns too.
Example; when Ed Mcilhenny had a shop in Waltham, he had a "quarantined gun" display case, which were trade-ins that he couldn't sell for 30 days.

In some places it's a local ordinance, pawned guns are required for the serial numbers to be run for stolen.
Some jurisdictions require it on all traded guns too.
Example; when Ed Mcilhenny had a shop in Waltham, he had a "quarantined gun" display case, which were trade-ins that he couldn't sell for 30 days.

i bought my first gun from him and his wife

Another possibility- something "cool" was stolen, and someone posted it on a gun board as such, with a "please be on the look out for gun XYZ with SN such and such" and someone found it in that pawn shop...
I can see it now:

Original owner posts on NES.​
Much commiseration.​
Then some guy posts,​
"don't feel bad Intarweb Buddy, you can replace it -​
I saw something just like it going for peanuts at this pawn shop..."​

[shocked]

Just 5 years and how much time off for good behavior?
It's the Feds.
5 years * 15% off == 0.75 years == 9 months.

Maybe ... two or three wouldn't attract too much attention, but 37 ???
c98d00a5-1e90-4740-819b-2770ca7af337_text_hi.gif

When I lived in Texas, all pawn shops were required to provide (daily?) lists to local police of all items pawned, and any identifying numbers. Jewelry, electronics, guns, mowers, didn't matter. Everything had to be locked down for a period before they could be redeemed, but I don't remember if it was a week, 14 days, or 30 days.

Same for Arkansas.

One item would have been the same as 37.

Back
Top Bottom