Georgia; NOT Massachusetts; Band Fund Raiser

allen-1

NES Member
This just showed up in my (e)mailbox:

Dear Members,

The Bryan County High School Band Boosters are having their 1st Annual sporting clay fundraiser at 17 South on February 16, 2019. We will be serving up our famous smoked pork BBQ during the event! Please see the attached flyers for sponsorship and registration information!

--
17 South Rod and Gun Club

Wow, the good 'ol days when people were sane and could hold events like this.

One of the clubs I belong to is the Black Lake Fish and Game near NY and Canadian border. The club sponsors one of the three local high school trap teams in the area league. Pretty good coed participation.

During spring and summer months local TV out of Watertown does weekly summary of adult trap leagues during sports report including who ran 25 strait and how long their perfect string is going. I smile every time it comes on knowing I’m not in the PRM.

Hold it on school grounds then I'll be impressed.
Until then it's just some adults doing something they enjoy and mailing in a check.

Hold it on school grounds then I'll be impressed.
Until then it's just some adults doing something they enjoy and mailing in a check.

Yeah. Because Massachusetts is just so fcking awesome -
Walmart wants to give $13,000 of ammunition to Northampton Police Department
"This gift is a transaction between two incredibly powerful institutions," said one speaker named Blair. "Please begin having conversations about why NPD needs bullets in the first place.

The fliers attached to my email include sponsorship forms for minors shooting in the competition. This is my local club coordinating with my local highschool to raise funds for the band by shooting skeet. We have a gun culture down here that actively promotes youth participation.

At our Ring In The New Year's steel match, Ed was there with his grandson. He's been bringing him to matches for the last two years or so. This was the first match that he was shooting with a 9mm rather than his .22 Ruger. All of the local SO's know Ed and his grandson. He gets some extra coaching on the line.

Our club has a .22 range set up for kids about 200 yards away from the club house. It's intentionally close to the clubhouse, close to the pond, away from the tactical ranges. Parents teach their young children how to handle smallbore firearms there - in relative peace and quiet - where they can focus.

I like it down here. The little kids run around with nerf guns and sticks and nobody bats an eye. Part of it is small town America, part of it is GEORGIA.

Your cynicism is unwarranted. Come visit, it's a different lifestyle.

Your cynicism is unwarranted. Come visit, it's a different lifestyle.

I was just being snarky and am not from MA so have seen over the fence.
Grew up in MI, own a house in maine etc

Despite maura's best intentions, finances limit my gun ownership more than MA 'law'.
My kids ran around with camo nerf guns, wore ghillie suits to school on halloween and a sig shirt for picture day (cropped out however).
Our club annually hosts a scout troop which gets kids trigger time while changing parent mindset etc.

Yes MA sucks but it's not the death sentence constantly reinforced on this site by the (decreasingly) free-staters.
Suppressors aside, the hardware I see at my MA and ME clubs is essentially the same.
The maine club has more fudds, actually.
Where there's a will there's a way.

Back
Top Bottom