• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

George Peterson on WTAG right now ...

I caught the tale end of this and was confused. My understanding was that H2259 was dead and yet he referenced offering it up in place of H4102 if that bill cleared Ways & Means? Maybe someone from GOAL could chime in with an update?

I caught the tale end of this and was confused. My understanding was that H2259 was dead and yet he referenced offering it up in place of H4102 if that bill cleared Ways & Means? Maybe someone from GOAL could chime in with an update?

Ch. 180 (1998) got rammed down our throat by a select few taking a bad bill and totally re-writing it, so this is distinctly possible.

When I spoke with Rep. Peterson's aide, she mentioned that George would try to substitute some parts of what was in 2259 for what's in 4102 when 4102 comes on the floor for debate. This will be a VERY TOUGH road to take and I don't want to get anyone's hopes up for a re-write ala Ch. 180 (but in our favor) out of this. This could also be used as the "poison pill" to kill 4102 if George's amendments get thru . . . many won't vote for it because it won't give the Gov the power to screw people like he wants.

Back
Top Bottom