Generator conversion kits

Can somebody school me on this bc I'm missing something. Does think hook up to a NG line or LP tank for a stand alone generator?

The kit allows you to power your generator with either gasoline, a natural gas line or a propane tank. Switch between the fuels if you wish. If you run out of gasoline, switch to your BBQ propane tank or something bigger. If you have natural gas at your house, you can connect to that (with a proper connection). Need the generator elsewhere, switch back to gasoline, etc.

The kit allows you to power your generator with either gasoline, a natural gas line or a propane tank. Switch between the fuels if you wish. If you run out of gasoline, switch to your BBQ propane tank or something bigger. If you have natural gas at your house, you can connect to that (with a proper connection). Need the generator elsewhere, switch back to gasoline, etc.

This may seem like a silly question but how much work is it to install this and make the required hoses? Their FAQ doesn't exactly cover this kind of question.

This may seem like a silly question but how much work is it to install this and make the required hoses? Their FAQ doesn't exactly cover this kind of question.

It's not hard to install a conversion kit. Although I used a kit from a different company, it's basically the same. A propane hose is quite easy; you can get a pre-made hose locally (at Home Depot, a hardware store, an RV dealer, a BBQ shop, etc.) or you can make it up yourself from readily available parts. I made my own. A natural gas hose is a bit more complicated. Variables such as gas pressure, generator size and distance to your generator affect hose size and you'll need a plumber for a connection.

You should check YouTube to see if someone might have made a conversion video with the model generator you own.

What generator do you have?

I natural gas hose is a bit more complicated. Variables such as gas pressure, generator size and distance to your generator affect hose size and you'll need a plumber for a connection.
Code generally does not allow plumbed in installation of a generator not rated for natural gas.

But, you could always have a plumber install a fitting you could plug a BBQ grill hose into.

Looks like I missed this deal. Was the discount obvious at checkout? I'm seeing about $200 for a kit today.

Thanks

Op was from the 15th, believe discount was a limited time

That is what I was figuring but I was just checking to see if $200 was the discount, so it will jump up to $400 in the future or the cost was $100 with the discount. I'd never heard of this kit before but I am interested. I have to keep my eye out for a sale again.

Thanks for the info guys. Like I said, I'll keep my eye on their site. If they come back down around $100 for a kit I will jump on it!

Back
Top Bottom