• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

General NH questions...

He's not kidding. The permit is done on this tissue thin paper with several layers and the carbon paper built into it. So, you need the typewriter to press hard through all the copies. It's nearly impossible to then carry the permit around with you without turning it into a crumbled mess. I had carried a photocopy of it shrunken down to fit in wallet, no idea if that was legal, but it hardly matters now unless I'm on an ATV.

The paper licenses are not that bad. I've kept one in my wallet for 20+ years and it is just fine. That includes getting wallets soaking wet a few times over the years.

I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no requirement to carry the license with you while in state on the rare occasions that it would even be needed.

This, my CLEO told me to leave it in a drawer at home and keep a picture of it on my phone. That was 6 years ago when I moved in, it has since expired and I haven't felt the need to get a renewal.

Acclimation is a 3 step process.

1. Register and vote
2. Submit as many form 4s for suppressors as you can afford.
3. Download the NH Brewer's association app and start collecting stamps.

This is pretty solid advice.

I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no requirement to carry the license with you while in state on the rare occasions that it would even be needed. You may need to carry it if you are using it out of state for reciprocity though.

Not having the non-resident style card is a good thing. To produce those, either every town would have to purchase more expensive equipment with your real estate taxes, or the state would be involved in issuing licenses. Lower tech is much better in this case.

Reciprocity is the main reason I get the license and why I would prefer a hard card vs tissue paper. Plus the paper seems exceptionally easy to fake if one wanted.

I don’t think you want to get me started on my real estate taxes, I own 2 homes in this state and read the budget every year in each town. They waste money on a lot dumber shit than that machine would cost.

I had my second home in NH for 40+ years and the bastards would not give the NH LTC as a resident or the non-res at the resident price. Jack.
And even if your snow machine never leaves the state, if you don’t have a NH drivers license they hit you for the out-of-state rate. I’m selling them, annoys the f*** out of me.

He's not kidding. The permit is done on this tissue thin paper with several layers and the carbon paper built into it. So, you need the typewriter to press hard through all the copies. It's nearly impossible to then carry the permit around with you without turning it into a crumbled mess. I had carried a photocopy of it shrunken down to fit in wallet, no idea if that was legal, but it hardly matters now unless I'm on an ATV.
Could be I did the reduced copy and laminated it so it fits the wallet. Nobody ever told me that it was illegal to copy or reduce/laminate and since no law requires you to actually have it or carry it, it would be stretch to jack someone up for reducing and laminating it.

This annoys the crap outta me cause if I’m not mistaken non res license is a card like a drivers license. I know it doesn’t really matter now with CC and all but I’d pay and extra $1 to not have this folded wafer thin piece of paper floating around in my wallet.
Yup, NR is a plastic card.

Could be I did the reduced copy and laminated it so it fits the wallet. Nobody ever told me that it was illegal to copy or reduce/laminate and since no law requires you to actually have it or carry it, it would be stretch to jack someone up for reducing and laminating it.
tumblr_otf4kknrtw1sqf5tdo8_400.gif

P. S. Did they like that flick at EB, Len?

Wait, do ma**h*** drivers drive to fast and get tickets or do they drive too slow.....

Ha! I was thinking the same thing.....my advise was please don’t become one of those NH drivers that sit in the passing lane doing exactly the speed limit, side by side with the cars in the right lane. For MILES! Then IF they finally move over, they flip you off. Over ten years commuting up and down 93 and route 3 / everett turnpike to Manchester NH.....wishing I had some sorta James Bond car rocket launchers

Sorry if this has been mentioned already and I missed it, but the p&r also allows you to carry in a school/grounds no?
1. NH doesn't have any gun free zones except courthouses. Students can't carry at school, but no one else is legally barred from doing so, license or not.
2. The federal GFSZA exempts licensees in states where police verify eligibility before issuing licenses. There is no such requirement in NH, and not all towns have police (designated selectmen can issue instead of police).
3. BATF has deemed that the NH R&PL qualifies as an exemption, but under the letter of the law, it doesn't.
4. Nobody cares. Carry however and wherever you wish, including inside the school.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing.....my advise was please don’t become one of those NH drivers that sit in the passing lane doing exactly the speed limit, side by side with the cars in the right lane. For MILES! Then IF they finally move over, they flip you off. Over ten years commuting up and down 93 and route 3 / everett turnpike to Manchester NH.....wishing I had some sorta James Bond car rocket launchers

This is a new england retard driver thing, not specific to NH. I sit behind camper retards every day, mostly in MA. Left lane camping
is practically a regional sport...

-Mike

Depends on the overzealous officer you found yourself interacting with but officially there wasnt.....now there's no room for the overzealous officer to embellish

Not to mention there's no easy segue for them to that crap in NH, at least not yet. It's not MA where the MSP LEO with the MDT is already shitting his pants because it's flagged you for an LTC the moment your reg was put into the computer...

-Mike

FWIW, in a year where the following bills were filed in NH:
  • (2) red flag bills (HB687, HB696)
  • (2) Constitutional Amendments allowing cities to ban firearms under local control, (CACR 4, CACR8)
  • (2) Criminal empowerment zone bills, AKA ban on school grounds for only the law abiding. (HB101, HB564)
  • (1) Ban on private sales, gifts and transfers, AKA UBC (HB109)
  • (1) Buy a gun, go home without it, AKA mandatory waiting period, (HB514)
  • (1) Attempt to shut down the ability to allow non-profits to contact their members about issues, [Repeal 1st amendment rights], AKA political advocacy (SB106)

EVERYONE of these bills was stopped or killed because, WE THE GUN OWNERS STOOD TOGETHER to stop these attempts to trample our rights.

PS. Some of this 'zombie legislation' has already been filed for next year. Now is the time to make sure you are on the email list about what happens in Concord NH
We do not share our list with anyone.

Thanks for making this thread OP, I'm in the same boat. Less than a month until I will no longer be a MA resident for the first time.

Guys, HB687 is still around and there are more hearings over the next few weeks. We still need to stop this, (bill will go to the full house in 2020)

bottom line, is the work never stops.

There is a way to help. Take some time and contact [ Honorable Michael Vose, Epping | Member, NH General Court 2015-2018, Assistant Majority Leader 2017-2018 ] and ask former Rep. Vose how you can help. He is running against Naomi Andrews, former Chief of Staff for Carol Shea-porter and Andrews wants to take our firearms: The election is just over 3 weeks away. October 8th. Volunteering to make some calls or write a letter in support of Vose is worth some of your time!

Naomi Andrews is a extreme gun control zealot... A few of Andrew's statements from the WMUR interview last year.

"I'm a proud candidate of distinction from the *Moms Demand Action* group...
"We need a waiting period for guns..."
I would serve on the *gun violence prevention* task force.."
"The 2nd amendment is not an absolute..."

This is worth sharing with your friends. The election is in Epping, NH. Make sure everyone knows about Naomi Andrews and her stated goals of wanting to take our firearms.
She is running from her own extremism and has not posted her views regarding firearms on her website... However, she cannot run from her past and her stated views on banning firearms.
6:50 into this video:
CloseUP: Naomi Andrews on Medicare, immigration, gun rights, filling Shea-Porter's shoes
More details here on up coming events:
Content - NHSOS

If you think you can just roll up and kick back and relax, stay put. It's a never ending fight.
Politics is NOT a spectator sport, everyone needs to get off of the sidelines and into the game.
Actually, it reminds me of a story about basketball. There are 10 people on the floor who need some rest and 2500 in the stands that need a workout....

Back
Top Bottom