• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

General NH questions...

Hey all,

Been in MA my whole life. Finally moving up into NH. Any one have any thoughts or advice about firearms/home ownership in NH? Or anyone wanna remind me of which bullshit laws i no longer have to put up with?

thanks

Hey all,

Been in MA my whole life. Finally moving up into NH. Any one have any thoughts or advice about firearms/home ownership in NH? Or anyone wanna remind me of which bullshit laws i no longer have to put up with?

thanks

Disregard all laws except the loaded long gun in/on a vehicle thing. Other then that and the fed laws, enjoy your new found freedoms and remember to vote in every election and town meeting. You now have to work extra hard to keep what you have.

if you decide to get a P&R in NH, don't give them phone numbers for "references." When they tell you the process will go faster with the phone numbers, laugh at them and tell them you just moved from MA and NH has only 14? (or is it 10) days to issue or deny.:D

if you decide to get a P&R in NH, don't give them phone numbers for "references." When they tell you the process will go faster with the phone numbers, laugh at them and tell them you just moved from MA and NH has only 14? (or is it 10) days to issue or deny.:D
Got mine in less than a day. Love small town NH.

Just don't pick up that horrible New Hampshire accent...

Also, anyone who has done home renovation projects and can tell me what the process of pulling permits and stuff is like, thatd help too. I gotta re-do the bathroom before we move. Thanks everyone for the input keep it coming!

Also, anyone who has done home renovation projects and can tell me what the process of pulling permits and stuff is like, thatd help too. I gotta re-do the bathroom before we move. Thanks everyone for the input keep it coming!

Depends on the town. Some are no better than Mass towns...others, almost no regulations. The further south you go in NH, the worse the regs are it seems.

ccioff said:
Also, anyone who has done home renovation projects and can tell me what the process of pulling permits and stuff is like, thatd help too. I gotta re-do the bathroom before we move.
Depends on the town. Some are no better than Mass towns...others, almost no regulations. The further south you go in NH, the worse the regs are it seems.
It's variable -- my S.NH town is lax about the whole zoning/code enforcement thing except along the main drag that tourists actually see, and only really insists on permits for stuff that could end up setting the neighborhood on fire (propane, fire pits, etc), which is hard to argue with in a state that is +85% forests and the various propane explosions in recent memory...

Drop the MA mindset. Your house, you do what you want. No such thing as permit....unless you're building a house, you need a building permit to get an electric service.

If you are doing the work yourself and only remodeling, not increasing the exterior footprint, no permit required.

Back
Top Bottom