General Dynamics Releases New Video Of Its Next-Generation Assault Rifle

Reptile

NES Member
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, a business unit of General Dynamics, tweeted a new video of its next-generation assault rifle.

Yup. I will settle for a low-to-mid power scope and headshots with .308 or .223. I got flamed on this forum for teaching my older daughter, little Jill, how to execute head shots on humanoid targets but in today's environment, I am convinced I am doing the right thing

Yup. I will settle for a low-to-mid power scope and headshots with .308 or .223. I got flamed on this forum for teaching my older daughter, little Jill, how to execute head shots on humanoid targets but in today's environment, I am convinced I am doing the right thing

I first read it on my iPhone. I couldn't see the first pic. Thought the second pic was teh whole she-bang. (Zero Hedge is one of the worst sites to read on anything but a full screen.). Even still - nah brah. But I thought GenDyn wanted everyone running around with a folding-stock M249-type gun. LOL

it's not white, how can it assault anyone?

This is 2020. I had to fix it for you. ;)

For those who are Twitter challenged like I am, here is a picture from another site:

8F4A0DC5-4EA7-4B6A-9341-9D22C59A01AC-528x660.jpeg

Their charging handle is "side-switchable"????? Magazine catch??? (Release?). Who wrote that poster? A 12yo?

And what is with the rifle? 45 degree canted sights?? Is this battle or 3-gun??? Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

Ergonomics look all off with the magazine well that far back. Silencer looks like a pregnant marsh mellow. And the side canted iron sights remind me of a gang banger and his Glock fotay...
No thanks..

Their charging handle is "side-switchable"????? Magazine catch??? (Release?). Who wrote that poster? A 12yo?

And what is with the rifle? 45 degree canted sights?? Is this battle or 3-gun??? Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

All my defense rifles have 45 degree offset sights. If the primary optics lens is broken or fogged, co-witnessed sights are useless. (Mine fog all summer when they are taken outside in muggy Missouri summer days)

I'm not seeing the reason for the hate. I'm glad people are trying something new.
Need to stretch out and try something different every now and then.
I personally love bullpups and I'm glad they're getting new designs in this flavor of rifle.

Something more realistic and within a typical NES budget [rofl]

Something more realistic and within a typical NES budget [rofl]

View: https://youtu.be/OKldy2YNAHk

I'm not seeing the reason for the hate. I'm glad people are trying something new.
Need to stretch out and try something different every now and then.
I personally love bullpups and I'm glad they're getting new designs in this flavor of rifle.

Meh, doesn't look like anything that hasn't been done before. it's like a SCAR, Tavor, and some kind of Bushmaster M17S thing all had sex together and this is the end result... [rofl]

Whats with the fruity, stupid cartridge that nobody will ever use? Sounds like another RFP/RFQ that will never get filled. [rofl]

-Mike

Don’t the British have a rifle that looks like that? If the US wants to stay with a .223 cartridge, perhaps they would consider the SIG 550?

After writing a letter to ruger asking for a .32 handgun and being ignored (because they s*ck), I wrote to GD and asked them for the 45 degree operator sights. Unlike sh*tty Ruger, they listened.

Back
Top Bottom