Gen4 Glock G19 Issues?

now not specifically directing this to @paul73 (jeez, there's a lot of pauls with numbers on this forum) but some people just shouldn't own glocks.
so sorry for offending and desecrating the cornerstone of your religion by my worthless unworthiness.

Last edited:
I've had my gen 2 since 1990. Then it went off to Glock due to a small crack near the slide rails. It came back with a new lower. What generation is it now?

What's interesting about that to me - is that your new lower is probably a Gen 4 or 5 lower.

If so, it will accept any upper from Gen 2 through Gen 4, (I don't know about Gen 5).

The spring/rod assembly on Gen 2's has a smaller diameter, so the frame has a smaller cut. Gen 2 frames won't accept Gen 4 uppers because the spring/rod assembly won't fit.

Conversely, Gen 4 frames will accept Gen 2 uppers.

a bit of a stupid thing to admit - but i screwed up a bit, as i dunno what got into me brain, but i ordered myself a G19x gen5 slide from legion precision - as i somehow for some reason assumed the 19x slide can cycle on a standard g17 frame.
so, it does not cycle there. it all fits and fires and sets up the trigger, but slide does not go far enough to be able to pick up a round from the magazine. a rather stupid thing. anyway, so you know that for a fact now, if anybody would ever wonder. g19x frame is NOT a g17 frame. it takes g17 magazines, but isn't swappable. duh.

i cannot even find where the heck i got that idea from that it will fit.
My curiosity had been piqued recently, so I investigated just this. Apparently, the front rail area is longer on the 17, which will prevent that full cycle.

(In theory, a particularly adventurous Bubba might be able to take a Dremel to the frame rails, though this might make the G17 slide unreliable. I'm curious to play with this someday but not enough to have done any such thing.)

a particularly adventurous Bubba
that would be me. :)

nah, not worth it. frame presses into the limits of the 19x slide grooves. not worthy the effort. even if you dremel 2/3rds of it - still probably not going to be enough.
and will not be good anyway.

as of looking for a new frame - also, don`t really need one more glock (ooooh, the sacrilege! :) ) ...
will see.
1653671188832.png

Put the slide in the safe, keep your eyes out for a 19X frame.
yeah, they responded - a 20% restocking fee. damn. i guess a new 19x frame is somewhere in my future. it will be a one pricey 19x. :)

Last edited:
now not specifically directing this to @paul73 (jeez, there's a lot of pauls with numbers on this forum) but some people just shouldn't own glocks.
This sounds like one of those "<foobarathon>: Is it right for you?"
medicine ads on TV.

if anybody comes forward, i may consider it, but, i usually keep to crap i buy... i am a hoarder. :)
Yahbut the hypothetical use-case for the thing you don't actually need
and discovered you can't use has to at least be plausible enough to fool yourself.

My best man bought tiny handheld radios on the Akihibara in Tokyo
for me during a business trip. We discovered that (while they weren't FCC-neutered
to be unable to listen to the oldest cell phone band unlike all type-accepted
commercially-produced radios in the US), the firmware had Japanese band allocations,
and so were useless over here. I was glad to sell 'em to someone over here
(who was told that caveat). It means I don't have them staring in my face,
telling me that I screwed up.

This sounds like one of those "<foobarathon>: Is it right for you?"
medicine ads on TV.

Yahbut the hypothetical use-case for the thing you don't actually need
and discovered you can't use has to at least be plausible enough to fool yourself.

My best man bought tiny handheld radios on the Akihibara in Tokyo
for me during a business trip. We discovered that (while they weren't FCC-neutered
to be unable to listen to the oldest cell phone band unlike all type-accepted
commercially-produced radios in the US), the firmware had Japanese band allocations,
and so were useless over here. I was glad to sell 'em to someone over here
(who was told that caveat). It means I don't have them staring in my face,
telling me that I screwed up.
He didn't screw up if he buys a frame to fit the slide

modern-problems-solutions.gif

He didn't screw up if he buys a frame to fit the slide

modern-problems-solutions.gif
yeah, just did it, a proud owner of a poop colored 19x gun now, with a total cost of $467+$368 = way too much $.
dremeled off its trigger safety protrusion, dremeled out magwell BS that was obstructing G17 mags to fit, ripped out lanyard shit - all looks ok-ish now, one more gun i did not need. yippee.
will need to break it in now, but, but all looks very glocky-happy at a first glance.

still, nice form factor, i like it way better than an old gen3 g19 i used to have. frame fits my hand well with a medium backstrip, and angle is better than it used to be. it will do.

to finish bubbanization of it i need to spray paint it black now with a black krylon spray, that will do it.

Last edited:
Well, I just couldn’t stand it and bubbaed mofo into blackness. It is done.
now it is mine for foreva. :)
37AD24A9-CAAB-439C-B4DE-6740F66D882A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom