Gen4 G20

bigpick

NES Member
Question for some of you that have one. Should I replace the stock recoil spring and replace it with a 20# or 22# recoil spring? I've been watching videos and doing some reading and it seems like this is mentioned often. This is my first 10mm so I'm new to this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

It should already have a 20lb spring in it. Mine shoots just fine, I've gone as far to run some buffalo bore through it.

I have not upgraded and i'm 2 years in with my g20. I shoot pretty stout handloads using a 180 gr xtp bullet but will have to look at my notes for powder and charge. you're referring to the battering of the gun? so far so good, no sign of wear. 4,500 - 5k rounds through.

It should already have a 20lb spring in it. Mine shoots just fine, I've gone as far to run some buffalo bore through it.

I thought it was 17. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I have not upgraded and i'm 2 years in with my g20. I shoot pretty stout handloads using a 180 gr xtp bullet but will have to look at my notes for powder and charge. you're referring to the battering of the gun? so far so good, no sign of wear. 4,500 - 5k rounds through.

I'm referring to malfunctions of hotter ammo not ejecting properly due to the spring.

7D263E55-E6FE-4979-BFDF-6E91A9EA0558.jpeg
I have had my g20 for a couple years. I have never had an issue with the stock spring and all types of high power ammo. What exactly is the issue.

one thing it does, kicks 'em out a friggin' mile. I have no plans to change anything up front. I did replace the internal springs, trigger & connector several weeks ago.

View attachment 271708
I have had my g20 for a couple years. I have never had an issue with the stock spring and all types of high power ammo. What exactly is the issue.

There's no issue, I haven't shot it yet. I was just reading about it and watching videos and from some of what I saw it was mentioned to replace the spring that's all. Trying to get some feedback from folks who have it and their result. That's pretty much it.

There's no issue, I haven't shot it yet. I was just reading about it and watching videos and from some of what I saw it was mentioned to replace the spring that's all. Trying to get some feedback from folks who have it and their result. That's pretty much it.
Don't read to far into it until you've ridden it for a while. Their great out of the box. In fact, I just found a Gen 2 G20 on Armslist I'm buying tomorrow. Have a Gen 4 in my 10mm collection.

I have a Gen 3, 29 & 20. When I first got them I bought a few different spring weights, because of the 10 mm hype. They’re still in the package and haven’t used them. I shoot mostly Buffalo Bore stuff. I have yet to roll my own, hotter loads, but I am set up to do so. No issues so far with the stock set up.

In the case of all pistols, rifles, and shotguns I think you should shoot it first.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Gotcha. The gun will run great trust me spend the money on some nice sights. I use my Glock 20 for when I go hiking in NH. My setup is simple a stream light and some trijicons I put on recently. You can’t loose with a 10mm in the woods.

…..spend the money on some nice sights.
I just replaced the night sights on a 19 recently with a glock standard set of white outline rear/white dot front. I think these are the best stock sights in the business as far a quick acquisition for tired, old eyes. not a fan of any type of night sight, freakin' useless if you can't see what you're aiming at. I hung one of those olight mini's on the gun for dim to dark applications. not dissing anyone for their love of the glo in the dark sights, just what works for me.
….because of the 10 mm hype.
I'm brain dead a lot of times. I was looking for a delta elite and there wasn't one around at the time so one morning I woke up with g20 in my head, had to have one, so made a quick call. since it was basically an impulse buy I never researched the pistol...until I had it in my hands, lol. so I never was aware of the little idiosyncrasies you'd read about. I've found, and never expected anything less, that it works like any other glock, flawlessly.

I did it on my first G20, 22lb spring and changed the barrel. I fell for the "don't shoot lead" and "change the spring" crap. I found a lead load online 180 LFP/10gr Blue dot and that's what the guy who's load it was did...so I did the same. I've since sold that gun. The G20 I have now I did change the barrel but only because I wanted a comp, other than the extended slide release the gun is stock.

Back
Top Bottom