Gen Z/ Millennial Nurse asks for discount coffee at Walpole Cumberland Farms.

Every time I meet a nurse all they do is complain about their job all day long, talk about how stressful and important their job is and the best part: they all say they know more than the doctors and deserve to get paid more because their job is harder and more important.

For a minute I thought you were talking about teachers..

Date a nurse or date a teacher? Pros & cons... and go

Nurse knows enough tricks to help you feel better if you're sick. But will never let you forget it.

Teacher will think because you arent a teacher, they know the subject better. Even if they're wrong

Pros for both are mostly stable jobs and hopefully some smarts

I'd pick nurse

So they make lots of money on $1.00 large coffees?

I don't think that they lose much, especially on the Iced - most people fill the cups with ice, which is almost as cheap as water. They pay significantly less than retail on all the components, too, as they buy them in bulk.

It's their choice to sell it - it's my choice to get the large iced, with half the ice ('cuz I'm an NES skinflint!)

I don't think that they lose much, especially on the Iced - most people fill the cups with ice, which is almost as cheap as water. They pay significantly less than retail on all the components, too, as they buy them in bulk.

It's their choice to sell it - it's my choice to get the large iced, with half the ice ('cuz I'm an NES skinflint!)

The cup is the most expensive part

I've met & dated some really really crazy nurses, same category as hair dressers, bar tenders, and strippers, dated at least a couple in all of those buckets. Even the aids, hygienists, all cut from the same cloth. Could of course be more related to where I meet all of the above too (drunk at bars).

How'd you guys make heads or tails of this?

Only this Beggar and I in line and she’s got the entitlement attitude going. The clerk asked if she’s working and then the Beggar Says well Wrentham store does so ? She says yes I’m a nurse so ? She gets no discount.

Punctuation is your friend, not your enemy.

Every time I meet a nurse all they do is complain about their job all day long, talk about how stressful and important their job is and the best part: they all say they know more than the doctors and deserve to get paid more because their job is harder and more important.

I work in an extremely high call volume system and the nurses in the two main EDs we transport to have a ratio of like 12:1, sometimes much higher. That does make for a stressful shift even if only one patient is a train wreck. Many people who go to the ED don’t need to be there, and are entitled d!ckheads who do nothing but treat the staff like sh!t.

Healthcare is a thankless job, and when people are generally thankful it’s uncomfortable and/or you don’t believe them, and brush it off.

Oh, and most of the nurses here, are good looking, nice girls. It’s the 20-30 year nurses that are working on their third divorce that look like dump trucks.

My mom and her mom were nurses, but it was different 75+ years ago. Very disciplined. Its hard to believe the doctor - nurse relationship back in the 1940s when mom started. Nurses (always female) were expected to hold doors open for a doctor, and when a doctor entered the nurse's station the nurses stood for the doctor.

Much like teachers a lot of them are 110% douchebags but I don't think it's always wise to use the broad brush.
I work in an extremely high call volume system and the nurses in the two main EDs we transport to have a ratio of like 12:1, sometimes much higher. That does make for a stressful shift even if only one patient is a train wreck. Many people who go to the ED don’t need to be there, and are entitled d!ckheads who do nothing but treat the staff like sh!t.

Healthcare is a thankless job, and when people are generally thankful it’s uncomfortable and/or you don’t believe them, and brush it off.

Oh, and most of the nurses here, are good looking, nice girls. It’s the 20-30 year nurses that are working on their third divorce that look like dump trucks.
Then there are the ones that are 30yrs in and have seemingly lost their brains. This middle aged female nurse asked me in a pissy tone "why i stopped taking my BP medication" in the ER a few years ago I wanted to say "well if you bothered to listen to me the last time you were here you would have heard me tell you that i was never on it to begin with" but i was a lot more polite than that, lol....

She’d have better luck pulling that crap at Starbucks. With that said, there are good ones out there and when you need one, you’re glad they’re there.

I was in the ER at Faulkner earlier this month. Thought it was serious, it wasn’t. The nurses there are pretty damn good. Tough as nails (they’ve seen everything) and of the two I saw, 1 was cute and the other was a smoke show. Both late 20’s early 30’s. I think the general practice/PC nurses are cut from different cloth than the ER nurses because these 2 knew what the hell was going down. Both in there with just N95 masks while the ER doc was basically in a shower curtain. If I had to work at the Faulkner, I’d want a hazmat suit. Both Happy, funny, knowledgeable, and compassionate; these were great nurses.

I thanked them and wished them well and hope to never see them again. They wouldn’t ask for it, but I owe them both at least some Dunks, I wouldn’t insult them with gas station coffee.

Last edited:
For a couple of years I dated a psych nurse. Even better, she worked at the prison. She was definitely nuts, but lots of fun.

Most teachers nowadays are control freaks, and most of the younger ones are SJW snowflakes. My wife is not one of them, but the stories she tells me about her colleagues freaking out when faced with anything exceptional are scary.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

date a nurse
Why are so many of them super fat? You'd think they'd understand the health implications.
Where were you when I needed you
Funny, back in the day (1980) nurses were generally GTG. All that time spent handling human bodies seemed to break down inhibitions. I dunno.

Of course back then nurses were nurses and not steaming piles of seething doctor-envy. They understood you MARRIED a doctor, you didn't BE a doctor. o_O

LOL, all the negativity for nurses! My experiences were quite different, though I'm with @mibro and have the 80's as my baseline. I had a long term girlfriend and a good friend who are both nurses, both smoke shows (friend was also a NFL cheerleader), and both total sweethearts for personalities. They tended to hang out with birds of a feather, so to speak, so let your hot nurse fantasies run wild. I broke off the relationship with the nurse girlfriend, but my nurse friend was part of the group who introduced me to the girl I have been married to for all these years. My MIL was a nurse and one of the most chill, tolerant people I have ever known.

I have known some batshit crazy women, but none of them were nurses. Maybe this post is just an indication that there are way more batshit crazy women today? Actually I'm going to say that it's not just women. I can't believe the pool of jackasses that my wife's single / divorced coworkers date.

I have known some batshit crazy women, but none of them were nurses. Maybe this post is just an indication that there are way more batshit crazy women today? Actually I'm going to say that it's not just women. I can't believe the pool of jackasses that my wife's single / divorced coworkers date.

Maybe the same ones on here saying that they have dated crazy nurses, etc.??[rofl]

In my 53 years of life, I have found nurses to be professional and, for the most part, good at their jobs. I have a lot of respect for them dealing with the whiners, complainers, dirty/unkempt patients, etc. I have a couple friends who complain about nurses/doctors but all they do is bitch about healthcare, hospitals, etc. and I think that attitude going in (to the appointment, etc.) turns off the very people (nurses, etc) that they are seeking/need to assist them. Attitude has a lot to do with it, go in with a bad one and a chip on your shoulder and your experience may not be that great. I have found over and over that if you are genuinely nice to people, most will reciprocate. Be an a**h*** with an attitude and you will be rewarded with the same.

Last edited:
Was the hot nfl cheerleader at Norwood? When my Mom was hospitalized for the last time, her nurse had been a pats cheerleader. Nicest nurse I have ever met.

Nope, Cardinals when they were still in St. Louis. But glad there are still a few from the same mold.

Back
Top Bottom