• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gen Z/ Millennial Nurse asks for discount coffee at Walpole Cumberland Farms.

71montess

NES Member
Only this Beggar and I in line and she’s got the entitlement attitude going. The clerk asked if she’s working and then the Beggar Says well Wrentham store does so ? She says yes I’m a nurse so ? She gets no discount.
She leaves and I say what an entitled idiot to the clerk and tell her jokingly I’m a plumber and if your toilet breaks I can be real important ! These young kids are f***ed !

Last edited:
Wait.....I'm so cheap, that when I open my wallet, George squints, because he's not used to the light.

I stop at Cumbie's to get the $1 coffee, and since they stopped doing the self-service [rolleyes] I tip the guy a buck every day. It's STILL cheaper than Dunkies.

A discount off a $1 coffee is too cheap, even for me. [rofl]

And smoke?
I got some good insight from a retired nurse.... too long to post here, but the short, short spaceballs wedding ceremony version:
They get into for the wrong reasons
My mother and her sister were both nurses. They went to nursing school so they could marry doctors. Neither one married a doctor.

Why are so many of them super fat? You'd think they'd understand the health implications.
Because everyday it's somebody's birthday, somebody's leaving, somebody's retiring, somebody's having a baby, one of their kids had a birthday party over the weekend, and cake and all other holiday treats are brought in to be gotten rid of. The best one, management screwed up real bad with staffing, a patient died or a staff member got the shit kicked out of them, and they bring in donuts, sandwiches, or pizza for all three shifts to make up for their stupidity and incompetence! The nurses can't say NO to the junk because they don't have even five minutes to eat their lunch or dinner. Or you can call it stress eating. This is why and how some get so big their asses can't even fit in between the beds.

My mother and her sister were both nurses. They went to nursing school so they could marry doctors. Neither one married a doctor.
It still happens today. Except they find out, sometimes much later, that they aren't the only one the doctor is sleeping with and the so called golden ticket is worth no more than the ticket at the grocery store meat counter. Sometimes, the doctor could be fooling around with one on each floor but usually the doctor is fooling around with at least one from each hospital that he is affiliated with. Oh, the stories I can tell.

They get into for the wrong reasons
Not only that, the training is ridiculously poor. I'm not expecting miracles right out of the gate, but 95% of RNs don't know how to start an IV. It's to the point where I see no discernible difference between a nurse and medical assistant (6 months vocational school). They both start at the same level.
Healthcare is a cutthroat field to be in. If you're not built real tough, you are just not going to last.

And of course, nurses are always patting themselves on the back for shit they're supposed to do: "oh I'm a first responder, I take care of patients, we run everything, doctors know nothing, nurses day, coffee mugs that say nurses are the best, etc." I don't buy any of that.

Watch. Medical quality is going to decrease over the years. Physicians have allowed the medical profession to be overrun by these unionized nurses who truly believe they're equal to a doctor. If you want to be a doctor, go to medical school. If I want to be a plumber, I'm not going to watch youtube, I'm going to school, apprenticeship, etc. We have nurses giving general anesthesia! WTF! Pretty soon the only MDs left will be surgeons and even then it'll be a nurse someday.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

date a nurse

Every time I meet a nurse all they do is complain about their job all day long, talk about how stressful and important their job is and the best part: they all say they know more than the doctors and deserve to get paid more because their job is harder and more important.

Good lord. The coffee is a loss leader for the gas pumps....$1.06 any size.
And she wants a discount? Probably a nurse handing out med paper cups at a nursing home....

Not quite, They only have gas to get you into the store. It’s the items inside that have the real profit margin. There hasn’t been money in retail gasoline for decades.

Wait.....I'm so cheap, that when I open my wallet, George squints, because he's not used to the light.

I stop at Cumbie's to get the $1 coffee, and since they stopped doing the self-service [rolleyes] I tip the guy a buck every day. It's STILL cheaper than Dunkies.

Cumbie’s coffee is off the hook. Not happy about the self service going away though. It was my favorite treat during hunting season last year.

They are still doing self serve coffee up north here. They do not have as many in the line up, to keep people apart.

Good lord. The coffee is a loss leader for the gas pumps....$1.06 any size.
And she wants a discount? Probably a nurse handing out med paper cups at a nursing home....

Last weekend, the local Cumbie's had a sign up saying they were giving free coffee to first responders and healthcare workers. My wife said she heard a blurb about it on the radio also. So, I guess they were doing something at one point this month.

Only this Beggar and I in line and she’s got the entitlement attitude going. The clerk asked if she’s working and then the Beggar Says well Wrentham store does so ? She says yes I’m a nurse so ? She gets no discount.
She leaves and I say what an entitled idiot to the clerk and tell her jokingly I’m a plumber and if your toilet breaks I can be real important ! These young kids are f***ed !

Lol why the f*** would someone want a discount at cumbys? You have to be a skinflint a**h*** of the highest order... its f***ing $1.05 or some shit. [rofl]

1 .Not only that, the training is ridiculously poor.
2. 95% of RNs don't know how to start an IV.
3 .I see no discernible difference between a nurse and medical assistant (6 months vocational school).
4. Healthcare is a cutthroat field to be in. If you're not built real tough, you are just not going to last.

5. And of course, nurses are always patting themselves on the back for shit they're supposed to do: "oh I'm a first responder, I take care of patients, we run everything, doctors know nothing, nurses day, etc." I don't buy any of that.

6. Watch. Medical quality is going to decrease over the years.
7. Physicians have allowed the medical profession to be overrun by these unionized nurses who truly believe they're equal to a doctor.
8. We have nurses giving general anesthesia!

1. Depends where you go to school and how involved / hands on your clinical rotations were. How many students per instructor in the clinical setting? Did the nurses in the clinical setting help out the clinical instructor / students as much as they could or were they lazy and sat back and took the students being there as getting a break?
2. Inserting IV's are not taught in school anymore and haven't been for a long time, liability reasons. Some hospitals have IV teams and some patients are just impossible to stick and need a PICC line.
3. RN school is a minimum two years of accelerated learning. I believe LPN school can be completed in a year and a half and no hospital will hire you so you are relegated to work in a doctors office, walk in clinic, or nursing home. I was told by a Dean of Students that a two year RN program was the equivalent of a Masters program at a state college as far as the pace of learning was concerned.
4. I finally agree with you ---- It SUCKS!!!
5. Immature, incompetent, dangerous, and probably aren't going last long!
6. It already has. Profit before patients is the norm
7. Only the one's in answer #5.
8. Maybe a Nurse Anesthetist in training? Otherwise very, very dangerous and should be reported!

Not only that, the training is ridiculously poor. I'm not expecting miracles right out of the gate, but 95% of RNs don't know how to start an IV. It's to the point where I see no discernible difference between a nurse and medical assistant (6 months vocational school). They both start at the same level.
Healthcare is a cutthroat field to be in. If you're not built real tough, you are just not going to last.

And of course, nurses are always patting themselves on the back for shit they're supposed to do: "oh I'm a first responder, I take care of patients, we run everything, doctors know nothing, nurses day, coffee mugs that say nurses are the best, etc." I don't buy any of that.

Watch. Medical quality is going to decrease over the years. Physicians have allowed the medical profession to be overrun by these unionized nurses who truly believe they're equal to a doctor. If you want to be a doctor, go to medical school. If I want to be a plumber, I'm not going to watch youtube, I'm going to school, apprenticeship, etc. We have nurses giving general anesthesia! WTF! Pretty soon the only MDs left will be surgeons and even then it'll be a nurse someday.
Ive seen it from both sides. When I worked in a hospital I hated the nurses (doctors for that matter too.) Snobby snippy over entitled c bags. After a bad accident I became the patient. It was the nurses that kept me alive more than the doctors. Honestly probably wouldn't have made it without them. So yes they do basically run everything. The big reason was the hospital i was in (BWH Boston) That is a direct relation to their training. Most of the nurses that work in the major Boston hospitals come from big name universities around town like Boston College and Northeastern. The co op program at Northeastern almost guarantees they end up at a big name hospital. It's also why all the Haitians and Jamaicans end up working in piss stained nursing homes. They get nursing certificates from Roxbury community college. So some training is piss poor and some not so much.

Cumbie’s coffee is off the hook. Not happy about the self service going away though. It was my favorite treat during hunting season last year.

My guy told me today, that starting Monday, they'd be back to make-your-own, but you'll get the lid at the register. I don't get that, but whatever.....

It might be a local rule, since other places appear to be different (as noted in the thread).

The REAL question will be: When the weather is sh!tty, will I get out to save a couple of bucks, or go to the Dunkie's down the road, that has a drive-through? [rofl]

MsHappy is a psych nurse (no, we did not meet at work), at McLean Hospital. She's on a very cushy unit, compared to some zoos that she's been keeper of. The place is part of Harvard Med School, and they get students through there, from the med school. They b!tch about how tough it is.....the people that are veterans of the business think this is funny.

Regardless of your profession, or trade...."work" is a four-leter word, most of the time.....

Last weekend, the local Cumbie's had a sign up saying they were giving free coffee to first responders and healthcare workers. My wife said she heard a blurb about it on the radio also. So, I guess they were doing something at one point this month.

This. She was a first responder, why shouldn't she ask if they still had the discount??

I really thought the flints in this forum would have backed her. I do. Whats the harm in asking?

Also, never ever date a nurse. I know its been said above, but this really can't be emphasized enough.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever

date a nurse

Funny, back in the day (1980) nurses were generally GTG. All that time spent handling human bodies seemed to break down inhibitions. I dunno.

Of course back then nurses were nurses and not steaming piles of seething doctor-envy. They understood you MARRIED a doctor, you didn't BE a doctor. o_O

Back
Top Bottom