• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gen 4 glock 27 trigger pull question

Hello , I just recently bought a glock 27 gen 4 the seller told me he had a lot of work done. He said the trigger pull is 3.5# I am going to confirm this but what is the minimum trigger pull you guys would be comfortable carrying on a glock. I haven't carried yet because I have been hesitant of the light trigger . I am going to get it checked over but I was curious your thoughts....thank you in advance

I had the 3.5 and didn't like it. There was no resistance after the take up. It just broke. I like to feel something before the sear lets go.

I have the 3.5 Ghost in my G23, it has a break point. it's subtle, but there...it's good for shooting plates, IDPA, etc. I have the 5lb in my G33, carry gun.

Its fine as long as the safety features are still intact. You need range time to get adjusted and comfortable. Nothing wrong with a light trigger on an EDC. Other note make sure that the striker spring is at least 5 lbs...otherwise you will have misfires with certain brands of ammo (winchester need 6lbs to be reliable)

Last edited:
A 3.5 connector does not make for a 3.5 lb trigger pull by itself. If he got it that low but can't tell you how, be sure to at least replace the striker spring with a full power factory one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its fine as long as the safety features are still intact. You need range time to get adjusted and comfortable. Nothing wrong with a light trigger on an EDC. Other note make sure that the striker spring is at least 5 lbs...otherwise you will have misfires with certain brands of ammo (winchester need 6lbs to be reliable)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

This.... I had a really light trigger in my m&p9c that my friends said "if you breathe to hard it'll go off" and called me crazy for not only carrying it but having a round chambered. I put plenty of rounds through it at the range to feel comfortable with it.

Thanks for the replies ! I really appreciate it. I will absolutely take all this advise. I am looking forward to some range time, but you answered perfectly thanks again

I personally like the stock trigger with a 3.5 connector. After putting some rounds through the gun and it polishes up its a nice trigger. I haven't measured but I bet my G34 is around 4 to 4.5 and my G22 is right at 5. The G22 is all stock but with all the rounds I have through it its smooth.

It depends on how they did it. If they just dropped a 3.5 connector in there there is no way in hell its actually 3.5 pounds, its probably mid 4's or so.

ETA: What BillO and others still applies though, too... if someone monkeyed with the striker spring, you will want to undo that massive gayness as soon as you can.

-Mike

Last edited:
It depends on how they did it. If they just dropped a 3.5 connector in there there is no way in hell its actually 3.5 pounds, its probably mid 4's or so.

ETA: What BillO and others still applies though, too... if someone monkeyed with the striker spring, you will want to undo that massive gayness as soon as you can.

-Mike

I'd bet its closer to 5 lbs measured at the mid point of the trigger bow.

To the OP. There are a lot of ways to measure trigger pull. Most people don't have any clue what they're talking about because they never actually compared their perception to a real trigger pull gauge. I hate to say it, but if you've never directly compared your perception with the results of a real trigger gauge, then you don't have a clue as to what the pull actually is. Until you start "calibrating" your brain against a real gauge, you will be far far off. I was, and everyone I've ever experimented with against my trigger pull gauge has been far off.

At the trigger bow midpoint, a standard glock will measure about 6 lbs. At the tip of the trigger, it will measure about a pound less.

The 3.5 lb connector (now called a 4.5# connector by glock) will get you to about 5.25lbs at the midpoint. A fluff and buff will get you to about 5 lbs.

If you drop in a 4.5 lb striker spring, heavy trigger spring, and reduced power striker safety spring, you will get that down to about 3.5 lbs.

I highly doubt all that was done. One thing the trigger spring actually pulls the trigger to the rear. So a heavier spring will make the trigger pull lighter.

I base all of this on doing probably a dozen glock trigger jobs. If you go to Wolff spring, you will see that they only charge a little more for 10 of a given glock spring than for 2 of them. So I've got a ton of springs and have played around looking for the ultimate low dollar glock trigger job.

My favorite is a 4.5# connector, 4.5# striker spring (stock is 5.5 lbs), reduced striker safety spring, and a fluff and buff. I didn't like what the extra power trigger spring did to the reset. It made it kind of non linear and did't really take much off the trigger weight.

All data given above was measured with a Lyman digital trigger gauge at the middle of the bow of the trigger.

Back
Top Bottom