Gen 2 Glock 19 - Brass to face

About a year ago I bought a gen 2 G19. Originally, only perfecta would eject into my face, and other brands were fine. I took it out yesterday and now the problem has expanded to a couple more brands as well. Hoping to fix it, wondering if it might just need a new extractor and ejector.

Thanks in advance!

Investigating the issue on YouTube and some feedback is that it's not the gun, but a problem associated with limp wristing. This doesn't happen with my other pistols though so I'm not sure.

Jerry Miculek has a video about locking his wrist when he shoots. Try to find it and learn what you can. Also make sure you're choked up on the grip. Holding it low can make the recoil harder to control

I would check to see if extractor and ejector/housing have been updated and go from there. Also do glock recoil spring test... although far less likely to be part of the problem, it might play into it a bit.

-Mike

Some Glocks are worse with this than others. I had a G37 (45GAP fullsize) that put every single piece of brass straight back at my face.

I agree with drgrant though -- the old style extractor was updated at some point by Glock, and the new ones are anecdotally better than the old ones at not sending brass straight back.

If you just google "G19 brass to face" or "Glock brass to face" you'll get 10yrs worth of forum posts on various sites with suggestions also.

I changed the ejector with the updated one and didn't do a thing, what worked is a new extractor. Lone wolf or shadow systems sell them for like 15.00
Or just try a new extractor since yours is a Gen 2 and may be worn

Ejector was updated with the whole housing (Simple install) and I can send you a new one for shipping cost if interested?

Last edited:
Glock used two extractors a 90 deg. extractor was used in the older guns and fits flush to the square cut of the ejection port the newer extractor is a 15 deg. and is cut to fit the bevel on the slides ejection port. They will both work on any year Glock however the use of a 15 in a square ejection port gun or the use of a 90 in a beveled ejection port gun may cause a possibility of dirt getting under or behind the extractor.
My suggestion to you is to remove the extractor and clean the extractor and the extractor cut in the slide thoroughly. You don't have to replace the extractor no mater if it is a 90 or a 15. Give this a try it might solve your problem.

Thought I'd update this thread. I posted in another thread that I got a gen 3 g19 which means a new ejector as well. I put the gen 2 slide on it and still, brass to face. Starting to think it's me...tips?? Im definitely not limp wristing, and it doesn't happen with my shield so im a little confused.

Back
Top Bottom