Gemme in the role of God again / Worc. man denied LTC renewal

A co-worker who lives in Middleton, MA told me of a similar situation that happened to his neighbor. The guy went to the transfer station to dump his trash (apparently, they don't have curbside pickup there). Some shabbily-dressed character told him to come back later, the place wasn't open, etc. The neighbor told this character that he was on time, pointing to his watch and the business hours that were clearly posted on the sign at the entrance. He then asked the character if he worked there. The character grew angry, asked the neighbor if he had "a problem" and then pulled a badge and threatened to arrest him for disobeying an officer. Turns out he was an off-duty Middleton cop who was just hanging out with a friend at the transfer station. The neighbor did nothing wrong, legally. A few days later, the revocation letter arrived in the mail, declaring the neighbor "not a suitable person" to hold a LTC. From what I understand, he was able to get the guns into a relative's home in NH just before the police showed up with a confiscation order hours later.

Yup, it dosen't take much to be "unsuitable" in this Great State [sad2]

If I remember correctly the man won his case in court, the Chief then took him to MA Superior Court!
(on the taxpayers dime of course)

I now see that the T&G charges you to search past 14days....

Come to think of it, MA firearms law states that if you had a DUI before it was a 1 year sentence you can have/keep your LTC....the Chief of Worcester has made up his own firearms laws, and denies every old DUI renewal.
Some people are just egomaniacs (a serious disorder)....many of which strive to become someone of 'authority'.

This guy in this town that you all hate, did something that you all hate and the reason he did it was because of a popular reason that you all hate.

Opine with me on how horrible this situation is. We should write letters too![smile]

Whoops...My post didn't reflect my true level of sarcasm [wink]

BillB, you may want to read up in the laws section. Suitability is solely at the discretion of the CLEO. This is not news.

BillB, you may want to read up in the laws section. Suitability is solely at the discretion of the CLEO. This is not news.

Its news to me. I wasn't aware that people were being denied on the basis of having been arrested mistakenly for a crime they did not commit.

When denied a permit from cops like this can a lawyer help you out at all or are we at the mercey of the cop's and their personal agenda?

And if the NRA actually gave a flying care about our individual gun rights, they would take up one of these cases of obvious non-constitutional denial of rights, and take it all the way to the scotus.

I heard from a guy at the gas station who had a cousin that knew a guy who lived in New Ashford, MA that had an uncle who lived in Savoy, MA who had a neighbor that was denied for not shaking 3 times at the urinal. And he was a WWII vet too!
Feel free to report this story because now that it's on the internet, it's true.

I heard from a guy at the gas station who had a cousin that knew a guy who lived in New Ashford, MA that had an uncle who lived in Savoy, MA who had a neighbor that was denied for not shaking 3 times at the urinal. And he was a WWII vet too!
Feel free to report this story because now that it's on the internet, it's true.

Jon, a friend just told me he got an A/None and a Green Card in Ripton, MA!!!! It must be a green town!

-Mike

I know that guy!

And there lies the problem....most all "discretion" has been taken away for police departments in MA, because of past behavior (they are highly regulated).
Yet when it comes to firearms licenses there given a free hand at "descretion". Seeing it's about the only "descretion" they have left, some frustrated (low life's) use it to antagonize citizens....

And THAT is why the State Police have said that they would like to take over licensing in MA!

Last edited:

I thought two times was the limit? Three and your just playing with it. [rofl]

And there lies the problem....most all "discretion" has been taken away for police departments in MA, because of past behavior (they are highly regulated).
Yet when it comes to firearms licenses there given a free hand at "descretion". Seeing it's about the only "descretion" they have left, some frustrated (low life's) use it to antagonize citizens....

And THAT is why the State Police have said that they would like to take over licensing in MA!

I"d much rather the STATE Police (carry the Liability) although police talk to police like old ladies gossip exaserbating everything X10. JME

Last edited:
They can reject renewals based on what your attire.

It's a totally capricious and arbitrary system that adds absolutely nothing to public safety (perhaps actually subtracts from it, dare I say). Should be a referendum question.

Should be a referendum question.
You need a dose of political reality. If a referendum question is presented asking if the professional protectors of public safety should be allowed to use their judgement as to who can carry a gun, or if the police should be required to issue permits to people suspected of gang activity, terrorism, attendance at a mosque, etc. - care to guess how the bulk of the public (who have never been exposed to a discretionary permit system for something they personally want) is going to vote?

Remember, this is a state where campaign ads including statements like "I support gun control and an assault weapon ban" are considered good strategy rather than political suicide.

GOAL's current effort at reform is a long shot, but their strategy of marketing the bill, rounding up sponsors, etc. has a far greater change of success than any referendum would.

Just remember, many people that strive to get authority over others, like MA Chiefs that enjoy antagonizing people simply renewing there firearms licenses, are sociopaths. (no wonder they get along with some politicians)
They study very hard, then lie, to be able to pass psychological tests to achieve there position.
It's the type of mentality that like to tear-the-wings-off-flies and then watch them struggle....nothing can satisfy there sick behavior better than having the upper hand in a situation like this.

It is a serious mental illness....

You need a dose of political reality. If a referendum question is presented asking if the professional protectors of public safety should be allowed to use their judgement as to who can carry a gun, or if the police should be required to issue permits to people suspected of gang activity, terrorism, attendance at a mosque, etc. - care to guess how the bulk of the public (who have never been exposed to a discretionary permit system for something they personally want) is going to vote?

Remember, this is a state where campaign ads including statements like "I support gun control and an assault weapon ban" are considered good strategy rather than political suicide.
Yup. People need to remember that this is MA. While our buddies here on NES and at the gun club think discretionary licenses are a crock, our buddies are not representative of MA voters. Most MA voters are anti-gun.

Last edited:
The story is probably bull shit, unless "THE GUY" failed both the field sobriety test and a breathalyzer, then passed the test at the station. Otherwise there would be not be a record of the arrest. There is some (however remote) possibility that "THE GUY" was stopped by a viscous hat mongering anti-second amendment LEO and then wrongfully arrested for DUI. Then the local PD chose not to CYA and clear the record and open them selves up for a wrongful arrest suite since corrupt LEOS do this all the time. I'm pretty sure there are parts missing from the story.

If any one actually knows this person then please fill in the details, like what did he blow on his ticket, who was the arresting officer, where it happened. Don't need to know his name.

Yup. People need to remember that this is MA. While our buddies here on NES and at the gun club think discretionary licenses are a crock, our buddies are not representative of MA voters. Most MA voters are anti-tun.

Unfortunate but dead on correct.

The story is probably bull shit, unless "THE GUY" failed both the field sobriety test and a breathalyzer, then passed the test at the station. Otherwise there would be not be a record of the arrest. There is some (however remote) possibility that "THE GUY" was stopped by a viscous hat mongering anti-second amendment LEO and then wrongfully arrested for DUI. Then the local PD chose not to CYA and clear the record and open them selves up for a wrongful arrest suite since corrupt LEOS do this all the time. I'm pretty sure there are parts missing from the story.

If any one actually knows this person then please fill in the details, like what did he blow on his ticket, who was the arresting officer, where it happened. Don't need to know his name.

I don't think Worcester police even have/had portable breathalyzers back then (or today)?
As I remember, they also accused/charged him of 'resisting arrest'....I guess saying your not drunk is 'resisting'....anyway all charges were dropped.
The guy took it (LTC case) to court and won....the Chief then took it to MA Superior Court where the judge took his LTC away........for life!

This guy came from a well known Worcester family who owned a major business there.

This guy came from a well known Worcester family who owned a major business there.
That I'll buy, I have seen instances of local LEOs being vindictive over local politics, Long Island, NY is full of it. It's odd that the Chief pursued it.

...As I remember, they also accused/charged him of 'resisting arrest'...

Wait Wait Wait!!! (mods feel free to lecture me, wrist slap whatever for this next statement, BUT) ARE YOU A F-ING RETARD? (again sorry bout that mods, it needed to be said) Seriously you come on with this sob story about a "buddy" wrongly accused of DUI and how the system wrongly pulled his permit...then what 4 pages into this you give the "oh he might have been charged with resisting arrest too" WTF??? just a long shot here but I bet 99% people with a resisting arrest (or A&B on PO) will be deemed unsuitable by thier chief...BS like this takes away from the countless people who have had thier licenses wrongfully revoked, etc. [crying]

One More thing:
The Chief used this (false) arrest as the sole reason to take his LTC away...
Not only does this contradict your later recollection of the resisting arrest charge, but being arrested for something and not convicted of it can indicate a lot of things but not often does the lack of conviction mean it was a "false arrest"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom