Gemme in the role of God again / Worc. man denied LTC renewal

Plain English is fine.

Ignorant scribblings that would embarrass a recent immigrant are not.

some of us can show our intelligence through our actions and our best attempt at english and not trivial (and boring) correct english. last time i checked we werent writing a friggen theisis paper here on NES.

Nor is it likely some ever would - or could. [rolleyes]

heres a question for the ages scriv;
what does someones grammar and english skills have to do with shooting and firearms? if you can find a relation id love to hear that one. if this was "northeasternwriters.com" i could see a relation.

If your a gun owner in Chief gemmes mind your quilty even if proven innocent.
Also talk about bias and sensationalism in the media with the title police chief in gun battle over license.
Gun battles are what happens when there is shooting not what happens in the courtroom.
This is my original post. Anyone that requires a translation to understand my meaning has some serious issues and needs to seek professional help for their anal retentive disorder.
Also, I do not waste my time conversing with people that belittle others in their attempt to make themselves look important.

some of us can show our intelligence through our actions and our best attempt at english and not trivial (and boring) correct english. last time i checked we werent writing a friggen theisis paper here on NES.
Thank you Dench and CRSIII.

Last edited:
what does someones grammar and english skills have to do with shooting and firearms? if you can find a relation id love to hear that one. if this was "northeasternwriters.com" i could see a relation.

zing.gif

Guys! "Quilty" is funny!

A man is innocent until proven Quilty -- which is much harder to prove than guilt.

Can you "pun-types" come up with something for "innocent" to improve the silliness?

I only brought up the other stuff in the original quote because I had too. Besides it was tough to read, kind of like the whole "sofa king" joke.

Last edited:

Not that I disagree with you, but expressing yourself clearly and efficiently does wonders over grunting nonsense. I understand that an online forum seems the least likely place to worry about grammar. Most of us are just trying to convey thoughts and ideas, rather than proper English, vocabulary, sentence structure, etc.

However, in life the sad truth is....wait for it... How you present your arguments holds more weight than the actual arguments themselves. A layman and a lawyer may have the same exact thoughts about a particular point, however, the lawyers argument will win time and time again because he will present his argument using superior languistics, and is able to articulate those ideas more effectively than say a layman would. We must all be mindful of how we present ourselves. Through your ideas and arguments you seem like a sharp guy, but if someone were to look at the way you presented those thoughts they'd think otherwise. [wink]

u kno wat im saying ?

Nor is it likely some ever would - or could. [rolleyes]
And the winnah... Scrivener, by a TKO.

Not that I disagree with you, but expressing yourself clearly and efficiently does wonders over grunting nonsense. I understand that an online forum seems the least likely place to worry about grammar. Most of us are just trying to convey thoughts and ideas, rather than proper English, vocabulary, sentence structure, etc.

However, in life the sad truth is....wait for it... How you present your arguments holds more weight than the actual arguments themselves. A layman and a lawyer may have the same exact thoughts about a particular point, however, the lawyers argument will win time and time again because he will present his argument using superior languistics, and is able to articulate those ideas more effectively than say a layman would. We must all be mindful of how we present ourselves. Through your ideas and arguments you seem like a sharp guy, but if someone were to look at the way you presented those thoughts they'd think otherwise. [wink]

u kno wat im saying ?
Brilliantly put - +1 for you, Sir.

I've never had a problem with what Dench is posting. Clear as a bell to me.
Derek, do you know him personally? There's a big difference between reading the words of someone you know, and reading an anonymous someone's postings.

Example: I know a few posters personally whose posts are very short and not spelled well. Grammar is atrocious, no attempt at punctuation... but I know them to be quite intelligent, so I can ignore it. With someone you DON'T know personally, the ONLY way you know him is from his posts. When that poster doesn't capitalize, misspells words frequently, doesn't punctuate... he comes across as being the written equivalent of Mumbles Menino.

MA man denied LTC renewal

This year a man from Worcester, MA was denied a renewal of his long held LTC from a old DUI arrest. The man passed the breath test and was immediately let go....there was no court action.
The Chief used this (false) arrest as the sole reason to take his LTC away....this was later upheld by a judge in MA.
The man never had a problem renewing his LTC until this new Chief came into power.
I can not imagine what that judge (or Chief) was thinking, other than being anti-gun activists.

Suitability.....Its Ma.
A friend of mine was denied his renewal last year because he got into an heated argument with a well known LEO. In the end the COP has the power.

Link ?
Source ?

It was reported in the Worcester Telegram & Gazette (a search would probably work).
I know the man personally, but not from firearms from another sport.
I would not want to use his name.

In other words, you can be arrested by a cop in MA for DUI (or anything else)....pass the breath test with flying-colors (be let go)....and have that sole incident as a reason to have your LTC taken away next time you go to renew it.

http://www.telegram.com/

It was reported in the Worcester Telegram & Gazette (a search would probably work).
I know the man personally, but not from firearms from another sport.
I would not want to use his name.

In other words, you can be arrested by a cop in MA for DUI (or anything else)....pass the breath test with flying-colors (be let go)....and have that sole incident as a reason to have your LTC taken away next time you go to renew it.

http://www.telegram.com/

That is because the Commie Gary Gemme is in charge...

It's not difficult to figure out.

Suitability.....Its Ma.
A friend of mine was denied his renewal last year because he got into an heated argument with a well known LEO. In the end the COP has the power.
A co-worker who lives in Middleton, MA told me of a similar situation that happened to his neighbor. The guy went to the transfer station to dump his trash (apparently, they don't have curbside pickup there). Some shabbily-dressed character told him to come back later, the place wasn't open, etc. The neighbor told this character that he was on time, pointing to his watch and the business hours that were clearly posted on the sign at the entrance. He then asked the character if he worked there. The character grew angry, asked the neighbor if he had "a problem" and then pulled a badge and threatened to arrest him for disobeying an officer. Turns out he was an off-duty Middleton cop who was just hanging out with a friend at the transfer station. The neighbor did nothing wrong, legally. A few days later, the revocation letter arrived in the mail, declaring the neighbor "not a suitable person" to hold a LTC. From what I understand, he was able to get the guns into a relative's home in NH just before the police showed up with a confiscation order hours later.

Back
Top Bottom