• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Geisselle Ar triggers

ARLOVER

Banned
Anybody have any experience with the Geisselle Automatic Triggers? I'm thinking about ordering their Service trigger for 2/3/600 Matches, in my AR.

I recently tried my brothers AR with Geissele trigger and had to have one. I ordered mine today from Brownells.

If you act soon, you can get a 10% discount by entering the promo code CYB. I wasn't able to find it for less than $279.00 on most of the distributors listed on their website. Even the C&R discount won't get you any discount on these triggers from Brownells and its usually quite substantial.

They are indeed the best.

The only ones better are Chombart and Anschutz triggers. And neither fits an AR15

I have one on my service rifle and it makes a huge difference. My other ARs will be getting a Geissele trigger when the funds permit me to do so. They also have a non-adjustable one out now as well.

I see that they come in .154 and .169 diameter pin versions. Which one for New Colt Match , LMT , DSA and Bushmaster AR's? I'm going to order, but I'm not sure about the sizes.

Small front pin vs. Large (old colts were usually large pin).

Measure them, and order accordingly.

He's referring to the pins that hold the trigger in place. For my Colt, I used the 0.169 diameter pins. Before you buy the trigger, take out your current trigger and measure the pins just to be sure. The new trigger will come with extra pins as well, these ones are slightly oversized just in case your receiver is a little worn. READ the instructions before you install it on how to set the trigger pull.

gotcha. i am aware of that. older colt's are still the only lowers i've personally ever seen with large trigger pins. FWIW my RRA lower was .154.

Newbie dumb question........

Why are these triggers so expensive? What makes them worth $250+

When a couple of inches means missing out on a medal shooting 200 yards standing or 600 yards prone, a trigger will save you points. The Geisselle is regarded as one of the best, if not THE best AR trigger made.

It's consistent, it breaks clean and predictable, and it's very easy to adjust the pull on each stage. I've used a few of the other top brands the Geisselle beats them all hands down. I don't like the fact I have to pay $279 for one, but IMO it's worth it.

When a couple of inches means missing out on a medal shooting 200 yards standing or 600 yards prone, a trigger will save you points. The Geisselle is regarded as one of the best, if not THE best AR trigger made.

It's consistent, it breaks clean and predictable, and it's very easy to adjust the pull on each stage. I've used a few of the other top brands the Geisselle beats them all hands down. I don't like the fact I have to pay $279 for one, but IMO it's worth it.

And don't forget the "cool factor" of having the best in the bunch!

I have an Accuracy Speaks single stage on my match gun, I thought it was the best trigger I ever shot until I tried Jasper's Geissele. The whole 2 stage thing was a bit weird at first but I got used to it quickly. My new match gun currently being built WILL have the Geisselle.

What makes them worth $250+
The fact that people are willing to pay it. Once you get up in the pointy part of the pyramid in any technology (guns, cars, cameras, CPUs) the incremental amount that final bit of "betterness" costs goes way yp.

IMHO,I've tried the Geissele trigger and it's not any better than my tuned by "White Oak" RRA NM trigger. I can buy two RRA triggers for the price of one Geissele trigger. Just my thoughts.

IMHO,I've tried the Geissele trigger and it's not any better than my tuned by "White Oak" RRA NM trigger. I can buy two RRA triggers for the price of one Geissele trigger. Just my thoughts.

You cannot tailor the adjustments of a WOA tuned RRA trigger because it has none (other than bending the hammer springs). Geissele's triggers are fully adjustable.

I will agree that the WOA RRA tuned trigger is very good. However, it has been gunsmithed by experts. I think this discussion is comparing "out of the box" performance/capability. A good smith might be able to turn many triggers into great shooters. The tuned RRA is a good trigger at a decent price, I'd recommend it if you're starting out in high power or similar.

Newbie dumb question........

Why are these triggers so expensive? What makes them worth $250+

The bottom line is sometimes you get what you pay for. I don't own one but did try one and thought it felt pretty good. I put Jewels in my rifles and like them a lot, except for the fact that a blown primer causes a jam, every time in my experience. I do have a Rock River with their match 2-stage trigger that is very good also. My son legged out with the rifle and had other achievements with it as well. A RR trigger can be a good match trigger.

Back
Top Bottom