• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Geisselle Ar triggers

FYI, If you order the Geissele triggers from Rainier Arms, they will include all the different springs with your order so you essentially get all versions of trigger for the same price. This way you don't have to choose between match, service or DMR when you order:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=455

I found this before when searching for these, they had fast delivery also.

By the way, if you have a Colt, be sure to measure your pins as previously mentioned. Depending on which Colt you have, it may take the larger (.170) or standard (.154) pins. Don't assume all Colt's need the larger pins.

You mean you get "all versions of both two stage and single stage triggers" or "all versions of either a single stage or dual stage trigger"?

FYI, If you order the Geissele triggers from Rainier Arms, they will include all the different springs with your order so you essentially get all versions of trigger for the same price. This way you don't have to choose between match, service or DMR when you order:

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=455

I found this before when searching for these, they had fast delivery also.

By the way, if you have a Colt, be sure to measure your pins as previously mentioned. Depending on which Colt you have, it may take the larger (.170) or standard (.154) pins. Don't assume all Colt's need the larger pins.

All the different pull weights of the dual stage. See the link for more info but basically:

Pull Weights: Match

■First Stage: 1.3 – 3 pounds (2 pound nominal)
■Second Stage: 4 to 14 ounces

Pull Weights: Service

■First Stage: 3.2 – 5 pounds (4 pound nominal)
■Second Stage: 0.5 to 1.5 pounds

Pull Weights: DMR

■First Stage: 1.3 - 3 pounds (2 pound nominal)
■Second Stage: 0.5 to 1.5 pounds

Rainier throws this in:
FREE Spring Kits - allows you to have all 3 pull weights at no extra cost.

Sorry for not being more clear in my typing. ;)

I'd considered a White Oak tuned Rock River trigger when buying my service upper from them, but ended up going with the Geissele. I asked John H about the differences between the two, and he basically said that the Geissele is superior. Of course, he's sells both, so... (shrug)

Later, a buddy bought the tuned RRA with his WOA upper. Both are nice, but I can definitely tell the difference. Even so, I doubt the RRA would hold me back (not that I'm good enough to blame a shot on the trigger). I've also tried a Jewell. If choosing between the WOA RRA and the Jewell, I'd probably go for the RRA.

I'm happy with my choice, and have no regrets now about paying the extra $ for the Geissele. I haven't even felt any need to try adjusting it. I may play around with lightening the second stage, but it's perfectly fine out of the box.

ETA: Just checked the site - looks like WOA doesn't sell the tuned RRA anymore.

Last edited:
out of the box they are pretty good, but you'd be amazed how good they really are once you set the overtravel and get the sear engagment JUST perfect.

the 2nd stage weight is REALLY easy to adjust. mine is set at just over 1lb (ive found if i go much lighter, you almost lose the second stage feel, and makes it way too easy to pull right through).

Here's an update which I'm happy to report.

I have the Geissele Hi Speed Trigger that is available in different pull weights (Match, Service, or DMR). I've been very happy with it when shooting .223/5.56.

I've been recently shopping for a .22lr upper (or a 22LR AR-15 conversion kit). Most companies that offer these say that after market triggers are often not compatible with their 22LR conversion kit (or 22lr upper).

I'm happy to report that the Geissele trigger seems to work well in a Spikes Tactical ST-22 upper. So far I only have about 20 test shots through it, but it worked perfectly without one hickup during my quick tests (using federal high velocity 22lr).

This information was hard to find and confirm before my purchase, even when searching all the various forums, so I thought I'd mention it here.

So this is another thumbs up for Geissele! As other triggers may not be compatible with 22lr. [thumbsup]

Last edited:
I'm happy to report that the Geissele trigger seems to work well in a Spikes Tactical ST-22 upper. So far I only have about 20 test shots through it, but it worked perfectly without one hickup during my quick tests (using federal high velocity 22lr).

This information was hard to find and confirm before my purchase, even when searching all the various forums, so I thought I'd mention it here.

So this is another thumbs up for Geissele! As other triggers may not be compatible with 22lr. [thumbsup]

Good choice! I've also used my Spike's .22 upper with my match lower & Geissele. I understand that some hammers don't work well with the Spike's upper, but I've had no issues with mine. The .22 upper on my match lower makes for a pretty good training aid (the Troy sights I'd added aren't quite right, but it's close enough for practice).

Congratulations on a great purchase!

Has anyone tried the Geisselle SSA triggers?

I just installed a Geissele SSA trigger today and for most applications I would rate it the best they offer. The adjustable models are great (I have a couple), but there is a bit of work involved to get that perfect two-stage pull. It's not difficult, but takes some time, and care is needed to get it just right. The SSA trigger is as easy to install as a standard AR trigger and the pull is excellent. No question, this is the way to go unless you really need the adjustments or weights offered by the other models.

Back
Top Bottom