• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gearing up for civil unrest

How come the uneven amounts? You'd think it would be 147 of everything.

most likely replacements for worn/damaged/missing equipment following a physical inventory.

This reads to me like they planned for what they want to be able to deploy, reviewed thier current inventory and are gearing up to meet the expected demands of the summer.

I'd like to point out that while everyone here has been piling on the "Obama is destroying the USA" meme, it was George W Bush who created the Orwellian "Department of Homeland Security", and he's either so stupid that he doesn't realize that was the largest step towards a surveillance police-state since the House Un-American Activities Committee, or else he's such a knob that he doesn't care. I find it ironic that the Republicans were enthusiastically behind this initiative. Thanks a lot guys.

http://www.bordc.org/involved/concerned/votingrecords_detail.php?bill=3
H.R. 5005 - Homeland Security Act of 2002

Yea - 206 Republican, 89 Democrat
Nay - 11 Republican, 121 Democrat

I'd like to point out that while everyone here has been piling on the "Obama is destroying the USA" meme, it was George W Bush who created the Orwellian "Department of Homeland Security", and he's either so stupid that he doesn't realize that was the largest step towards a surveillance police-state since the House Un-American Activities Committee, or else he's such a knob that he doesn't care. I find it ironic that the Republicans were enthusiastically behind this initiative. Thanks a lot guys.

http://www.bordc.org/involved/concerned/votingrecords_detail.php?bill=3
H.R. 5005 - Homeland Security Act of 2002

Yea - 206 Republican, 89 Democrat
Nay - 11 Republican, 121 Democrat

Interesting that the Dems didn't try to repeal it or do away with Homeland security when they controlled both houses and the presidency?

Interesting that the Dems didn't try to repeal it or do away with Homeland security when they controlled both houses and the presidency?
and even more fascinating that they made it even worse. [hmmm]

No debate on the Bushdouche argument here, that's not the issue any more. The issue was the only possible upside to Obama winning was some reversal of this nonsense by Democrats, per their complaining and campaigning.

Again though, anyone who listened to what little of substance there was of Barry's campaign could have told you he was a big fan of the police state as long as he was running it. Heck, look at the NBP? They like to police polling places. [sad2]

Hey c'mon some of you guys are way too paranoid! Look at this nice free speech zone they set up for protestors when the DNC was in Boston...

0726-02.jpg

One look at that and I know our civil rights are alive and well!

That's because Obama is a lying sack of hypocrite. ugh. When will it stop?

When we replace Obama with Mitt Romney.

It has been said that the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results. While, its not the actual definition, it couldn't be more relative in the decision to replace obama with romney.

Even though historically soldiers do as they're told, I would like to believe that a good amount of them will be on our side if there something happens that's impactful enough to cause a widespread uprising. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I hope...

I think Hurricane Katrina showed us how the military would respond. Granted it was a small sample size, but forced gun confiscation. A blind man would know thats unconstitutional

I think Hurricane Katrina showed us how the military would respond. Granted it was a small sample size, but forced gun confiscation. A blind man would know thats unconstitutional

On the other hand, given most soldiers are probably pro-2A and gun owners themselves, maybe the Katrina situation caused them all to think more about the subject so they will be better prepared next time and know where they personally draw the line.

Wishful thinking... Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Hey c'mon some of you guys are way too paranoid! Look at this nice free speech zone they set up for protestors when the DNC was in Boston...

0726-02.jpg

One look at that and I know our civil rights are alive and well!

Those free speech zones - even the very notion of them - are one of the saddest, scariest, and most disheartening things done to this country.

The New Orleans gun confiscation was carried out by the squeaky-clean NOLA PD, under orders from the brilliant Mayor Ray Nagin (D) and Gov. Kathleen Blanco (D), neither of whom could figure out how to use hundreds of school buses to evacuate their citizens despite a week's warning from every weatherman and federal agency.
The military were heroes, rescuing people off roofs, jumping into sewage-contaminated water and risking their lives until the crisis was over.

That's why you vote on principle to send a message. I am voting for Ron Paul unless he officially throws his support behind Gary Johnson. Then, I will do likewise. Our state is going to have another O-gasm, but we can send a message for liberty if people would pull their heads out of their asses and get behind libertarian candidates. Especially when voting for Romney won't change the outcome of Massachusetts' Presidential Election.

Of course there's no chance in hell of a libertarian winning this election, but I'm hoping that maybe if one of them gets enough support then NEXT election more people will vote that way and they'll have a real chance. I think enough people on both sides are pissed off at their party's candidates that we could maybe get like 20% of the vote - enough that the following election people wouldn't feel as though a vote for a non-R / non-D was throwing their vote away. This is assuming the USA is still around 4 years from now and we're still having elections [hmmm]

Last edited:
NOLA police didn't do confiscations because, as I recall , they walked ASAP , on the job to take care of their own families.

Katrina was an educational experience even the safe distance of my living room tv set.

Back
Top Bottom